cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite doesn't show devices connected to LAN Ethernet port

lovetheinternet
I plan to stick around

I see all the WiFi devices, but it doesn't show any of the devices connected directly to the modem/router.

Is there any way to fix this?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Ignite doesn't show devices connected to LAN Ethernet port

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lovetheinternet  Do any of those devices obtain IP addresses through DHCP or do they have static IP addresses?  Devices with static IP addresses often do not show up in the device list; it's a quirk of the Ignite gateway's device management.  If the device is in the device list, the Ignite WiFi Hub app will list its Connection Type as "Ethernet", regardless of whether is connected directly, through a switch, or through an external Wi-Fi Access Point.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersTony

Hello, @lovetheinternet 

Thank you for posting your concern to the community.

Can you confirm if you are connecting directly to the Rogers Gateway modem or are you connecting to a router or a switch via Ethernet?

RogersTony

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lovetheinternet  Do any of those devices obtain IP addresses through DHCP or do they have static IP addresses?  Devices with static IP addresses often do not show up in the device list; it's a quirk of the Ignite gateway's device management.  If the device is in the device list, the Ignite WiFi Hub app will list its Connection Type as "Ethernet", regardless of whether is connected directly, through a switch, or through an external Wi-Fi Access Point.

lovetheinternet
I plan to stick around

Fussed with it for a few hours and still couldn't get it working. For now I'm just going to connect through WiFi and be done with it.  When I have more time, I'll try to debug it further.  It was DHCP and not static IP, and was directly connected to the gateway lan port, not through a switch.  Thanks for everyone's responses.

@lovetheinternet  You can also view connected devices by logging into your Ignite Gateway with a web browser.  "Gateway > At a Glance" will show a partial list of connected devices and you can click the "View Connected Devices" button (or go to "Connected Devices > Devices") to show all connected devices and how they connect.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation