cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem (Gen 2) - Lan Port 4 - No Connection

rinry
I've been around

I just got this modem in the mail, plugged it in and I'm successfully connected to the internet.

The LAN ports 1-3 work. 

The problem I'm having is,

the LAN port 4, the red one, whenever I plug an Ethernet cord in LAN port 4, I get no internet connection. It doesn't seem to work. Only 1-3 gives me an internet connection. How do I get LAN port 4 to work?

XB7Gen2.jpeg

Edit:

got it fixed, thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rogers Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem (Gen 2) - Lan Port 4 - No Connection

RogersZia

Hi @rinry,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope you're enjoying the Ignite service so far. The Rogers Community Forums is a great database of knowledge and answers. It survives on posts from users like you and seeds the answers that make the Community Forums a pleasant place to be.

Thanks for updating your post and letting us know that you've got the 4th port working. Can you please share how you got it working? So other members in a similar situation can benefit. 

RogersZia

bigdee2015
I plan to stick around

I'm interested to know how you got this working as well.. Mine died 2 days ago. Switched the modem out and still no port 4? This is the second time port 4 has mysteriously died on me

Grant333
I've been around

Yes!  How?  Please reply with how you fixed the 4th network port on your modem!

snewtron
I've been around
How did you get it fixed? We'd like to know

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@snewtron  Try connecting to http://10.0.0.1/ , log into your gateway as Admin, go to "Gateway > Connection > WAN Network" and change the "WAN Network" type from Auto to DOCSIS.  That should force LAN Port 4 to remain associated with your internal in-home network.  After doing this, you may need to reboot your gateway.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 6 in conversation