cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover or Restart a Deleted Email Account

liyghlglughlugh
I've been here awhile

I recently deleted an email sub account as i hadnt been using it much. I used it for signing up for things at retail stores and other non-essential online sign ups, none of which i care about but i just realized that there is one service that uses the deleted email account.

Is there any way to recover that account or is there a certain time delay before signing up again with the same email address?

Except for the one service, its basically a spam account, so its not a huge deal if i can't get it back, but it would be nice.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Recover or Restart a Deleted Email Account

RogersZia

Hello @liyghlglughlugh,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your inquiry :).

When you delete a Rogers Yahoo! email address, the system marks the address as terminated for 90 days before deleting it in full. This allows you the option to restore/reactivate the email address if you need to. We cannot reactivate the email after the 90 days time has elapsed. 

If it has been less than 90 days since you've deleted the account, please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to complete your request. You can find instructions on our private messaging system, here.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

RogersZia

Hello @liyghlglughlugh,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your inquiry :).

When you delete a Rogers Yahoo! email address, the system marks the address as terminated for 90 days before deleting it in full. This allows you the option to restore/reactivate the email address if you need to. We cannot reactivate the email after the 90 days time has elapsed. 

If it has been less than 90 days since you've deleted the account, please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to complete your request. You can find instructions on our private messaging system, here.

RogersZia

With the help of  @CommunityHelps , i was able to recover my sub account!

Thanks for your help!

mru
I've been here awhile

Hello:

I accidentally deleted a secondary email account a couple of hours ago.

I'll appreciate if someone can instruct me on how to recover the account.

It appears there is a posted solution here but I can't seem to be able to access it.

Many thanks,

Regis

Hello, @mru.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for posting your concern; since your secondary email account just got deleted, we can try retrieving it for you. 

It has to be reactivated from the backend, so please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

mru
I've been here awhile

Just to let you know that Rogers Support was able to recover and reactivate my deleted email account. Thanks. 

I recently had to cancel my Rogers Internet and Television Service due to a move to a region Rogers doesn't service.  Still have wireless service.  I was assured I wouldn't lose my email accounts (kind of makes sense).  Well couldn't be any further than the truth.  After wasting hours on the phone with representatives and being told that they set it all up so that my sister-in-law who has internet service, that my accounts would be transferred.  Now today being told that all they could do is dump all the emails in her account.  Don't have any faith or expectation that is going to work.  Whats the real answer or solutions?

Hi @Steve204,

Welcome to the community, and thank you very much for your post 🙂

The rogers.com emails are available for our customers with Cable Internet and Wireless Internet services. 

We understand the importance of keeping the same email and moving the account over to a family member with an active Internet service is a solution.  

Cheers,
RogersJermaine

BL52
I've been here awhile

I have recently (2 hours ago) deleted one of my sub Rogers/Yahoo accounts. How can I recover it?

BL52
I've been here awhile

how can I access @CommunityHelps  ? Who should I address my problem to ? Can I actually correspond with the particular person from Rogers /Yahoo technical help?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@BL52 wrote:

1. how can I access @CommunityHelps  ? 

2. Can I actually correspond with the particular person from Rogers /Yahoo technical help?

1. A link to that is outlined in an earlier post, but I'll provide a different set of instructions below:

When logged into the forum, click on @CommunityHelps  .  On the page that comes up, you'll see a link on the top right of the screen to "send a message".  If you're using a tablet or phone, you may need to switch your browser to the desktop version. How to do that will depend on the device but a web search should find it.  There may be some back and forth required while Rogers get your personal information to look into your account.  Personal information is not allowed in this forum.  

When logged into the forum, check the envelope icon at the top right of the screen for messages.  You would usually also receive an e-mail, but it may have ended up in your spam folder...

2. You will be corresponding with one of the mods on this forum, usually the "expert" on the particular topic, who can typically assist, however, you will likely not be corresponding with "technical help" which is a different group(s).

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 8 in conversation