cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reboot Rogers Modem Remotely

gordandmichele
I plan to stick around

I travel a bunch, and being able to reboot the router is important when wifi connectivity to all my home devices is lost.  Can someone please walk me through the steps to set this up?  Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Reboot Rogers Modem Remotely

RogersZia

Hello @gordandmichele,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post.

Remote access directly to our gateways is disabled. If you need to have the modem rebooted while you're away, you can reach out to us via Social Media or Live Chat to do so.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RogersZia

Hello @gordandmichele,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post.

Remote access directly to our gateways is disabled. If you need to have the modem rebooted while you're away, you can reach out to us via Social Media or Live Chat to do so.

Hope this helps!

RogersZia

Hello @RogersZia,

I wish the ability to reboot a Hitron gateway was available inside the MyRogers app (Cable TV STBs can be rebooted via the app).  Alternatively: Could the hitron gateway be scheduled to reboot on schedule? (example: daily at 3am).

Could you forward these feature requests to the appropriate team? If you cannot, is there a way for us to submit this feedback?

@gordandmichele - You can purchase power bars that allow you to power cycle a specific port from outside the home.  These are expensive and typically used in IT datacenters (link).

You can also purchase a "Smart Powerbar" (here) that allows you to power cycle devices via a smartphone app.  This works only in the home and not remotely (but you could ask someone at home to do this for you).

Hello @gordandmichele,

I asked a question over at Amazon page (link in previous post) for the "Smart Powerbar" - an existing customer confirms that you can set a specific power plug (and device connected to it) to reset every day at a specific time (example: 3am).

I realize this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but it may help.

gordandmichele
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the replies.  I think that if I get one of these: resetplug.com/ , it will solve my problems.

Hello @gordandmichele,

This looks like a good solution - thanks for posting it here.

If you choose a smart plug and the internet is down...the recycle wont happen..which is exactly why we want to recycle the modem..to prevent cache bog down..crashing the modem.

Id recommend a manual timer..set it to turn off for 15 mins each day. Itll reset each day...even if the internet is already bogged with cache and crashed.

Just1Justin
I've been here awhile

I just use my smart phone.  I open the browser, go to the modem login page (192.168.0.1) and then go to Admin, and then "Device Reset" and then hit "Reboot".

That's been the easiest way that I do it, that is of course when you are connected to the network directly - if you're too lazy to go to the garage or whever your modem is located - you can do it remotely.

As for doing it when you're not in the home, the timer that resets it daily is best, smart plugs won't work.

How can I reboot my router while away? Is there a non-physical way I could use in order to reboot it?

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 in conversation