cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet service to work from home

David49
I've been here awhile

Hi,

We moved into a new apartment last week (March 23rd), the technician came by on the 24th and dropped off a modem but said he can't come inside to link the fibre cable into my apt due to the virus, which I totally understand. (This is a brand new apt unit so I guess this was not done before).

Called again March 25th and asked for an update, none yet, but was asked to contact rogers through the website which I did and another tech visit happened on March 27th. This technician told me he couldn't do anything on the phone and left. Called the first technician a couple of hours ago, said he'll give me his boss's number, but no word yet.

So we've been working from home using mobile data which is now ~60% used up from 1 week of working from home (my cycle refreshes April 17th). Afterwards we'll either have to go and search for public wifi or just go to work I guess.

Several questions:

1)  Is anyone at Rogers looking at this? What is the status?

2)  Is there a reason Rogers can't give us a cell phone SIM card with unlimited data until this is resolved?

3) What happens to the bill I paid for the partial service period (March 23rd to March 31st)? I'm worried that this will continue until end of April but I'm still asked to pay my bills.

Thanks,

David Cho

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No internet service to work from home

RogersMaude

Good evening ,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Thank you for taking the time to bring this situation up to our attention. I can certainly imagine how inconvenient it must be to be without a residential internet connection.

At this time, our top priority is ensuring the health and safety of our customers, partners and team members. That means we are taking important and necessary actions to help prevent the spread of the virus and support the health and well-being of our communities. Following guidance from the Public Health Agency of Canada, we’re taking extra precautions and because of this, the technician is not be able to enter your home. As you mentioned it is a new construction, the required wiring may not be in place and for that reason, the self-install is not an option.

While we do not have the ability to send you an "unlimited data SIM" we could potentially try and see if we could offer a data bonus on your cellphone line(s). Are you an active Rogers wireless customer?

Since the installation did not take place, you should not have received an invoice for the internet charges. Are you sure you paid the partial charges from the 23rd of March, 2020?  It would be my pleasure to take a deeper look into this for you as you should not have to make a payment for an account that has never been activated. Please send a private message at @CommunityHelps if you would like us to verify. Find instructions about our private messaging in this blog!

We understand that this is a difficult time for all of us right now and ask for your patience while we work to resolve the issue while also ensuring the health and safety of our customers, employees and community.

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersMaude

Good evening ,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Thank you for taking the time to bring this situation up to our attention. I can certainly imagine how inconvenient it must be to be without a residential internet connection.

At this time, our top priority is ensuring the health and safety of our customers, partners and team members. That means we are taking important and necessary actions to help prevent the spread of the virus and support the health and well-being of our communities. Following guidance from the Public Health Agency of Canada, we’re taking extra precautions and because of this, the technician is not be able to enter your home. As you mentioned it is a new construction, the required wiring may not be in place and for that reason, the self-install is not an option.

While we do not have the ability to send you an "unlimited data SIM" we could potentially try and see if we could offer a data bonus on your cellphone line(s). Are you an active Rogers wireless customer?

Since the installation did not take place, you should not have received an invoice for the internet charges. Are you sure you paid the partial charges from the 23rd of March, 2020?  It would be my pleasure to take a deeper look into this for you as you should not have to make a payment for an account that has never been activated. Please send a private message at @CommunityHelps if you would like us to verify. Find instructions about our private messaging in this blog!

We understand that this is a difficult time for all of us right now and ask for your patience while we work to resolve the issue while also ensuring the health and safety of our customers, employees and community.

RogersMaude

David49
I've been here awhile
A technician named Tomas helped us through video chat on setting up the connection in the closet. We have service now thanks for all the help!

rcjian
I've been around
Hi i have the situation like yours, i have a question, what closet ? Which closet? Thanks and how a technician end up helping you through video chat thanks!

Hello and welcome to our Community @rcjian!

I can answer this question!

Some homes are built with a closet where all the telecom connections terminate for easy access by providers such as us. Not all homes are built with this feature, however. They're most common in multi-dwelling units like apartments and condos but some detached homes have them.

If you have one, you'd likely know it from the telltale wiring in said closet. I hope that helps!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation