cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet Since Storm

Longbomb21
I've been around

No internet since yesterday at 1:30pm and nothing from rogers explaining why absolutely horrible

***Edited Labels***

8 REPLIES 8

Re: No Internet Since Storm

PPillai
I've been around

Is there a link to see outages by postal code? My internet is down since last night.

RogersCorey

Greetings and welcome @Longbomb21!

If you're still without Internet and rebooting your modem doesn't help, I can look into this for you.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

UNP
I've been around

Internet is down for the past 3 days in Ajax(L1Z) area. Do we have any updates on this.

Jungjussi
I've been around

I really want you to resolve whatever the problem causing this situation ASAP. No internet since Saturday afternoon, have been using lots my data which was unnecessary, missed important zoom meeting, and im just in a very bad mood now.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So I would like to chime in on the Rogers Internet not working since the aftermath of the storm.  We discovered the internet not working at a family members house but to our surprise, one device (our Android smart TV) was connected to the modem via hardwired Ethernet port and that device continued to receive internet.  The Modem's Wi-Fi was not broadcasting and when we spoke to the agent it does sound strange but its very true that the Wired internet can work and the Wireless internet can be down during this outage. After all the modem is a gateway and has a managed router built in but not just that its provisioned by them too so they can program it, but they were telling me it lost its provisioning due to the storm.  Yes this was one heck of a storm.

Just open a ticket with them and let them try to resolve it as fast as they can or use a wired ethernet if posisble

We also discovered newer laptops do not come with an ethernet port any more and you have to buy an adaptor separate, how convenient,  NOT.

Internet is still down. It’s the 3rd day after storm. What’s the reason, do you have estimation on the time to bring it back?

jbf
I've been around
21 days since storm and no internet in Nepean. Not a Rogers truck in sight. Lines down and broken. Bell has been very active last 7 days getting lines back up and customers reconnected. Rogers wants you to ask Anna and get stuck in a virtual loop and no suggestion as to when service my get restored or provide a temp solution like unlimited mobile data until lines are back. But, at least they were able to send me my bill for a service they can't deliver. Thanks Rogers . Great service.

Good morning @jbf!

If you're getting stuck in a loop with Anna, we can definitely help and make the necessary arrangements to have a tech come out to look into the situation impacting your connection.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 in conversation