cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No-IP Dynamic DNS is no longer Supported in Rogers Modems?!

ansred
I plan to stick around

Greetings,

Just noticed my modem was rebooted by itself and I think it got updated its software.

Hardware Version 2A
Software Version 7.1.1.32
System Time 2020-09-16 21:53:04
Time Zone UTC-05:00 Eastern Time(US & Canada)
LAN Up Time 000 day 00h:02m:55s

Noticed the Dynamic DNS service provider list was updated and not no-ip https://www.noip.com/  is no longer there! That broke my setup!

Why is that?! Is it possible Roger can get it back?!

***Added Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: No-IP Dynamic DNS is no longer Supported in Rogers Modems?!

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That's an issue for @RogersIan to look into for the next update.  Maybe Rogers can add that on their own and not have to wait for Hitron to add it.

pej5
I've been here awhile

How did you resolve this problem?

pej5
I've been here awhile

I  took delivery of the new Rogers Ignite Gateway.  It is an inferior product to their White Hitron Gigabit Gateway.  It only offers two Ethernet connections as compared to four and the big issue for me is that Rogers has eliminated some standard router services such as DynamicDNS (DDNS). 

I went through the configuration features on the new APP - no luck finding DDNS.  I logged directly into the router 10.0.0.1 with the default password ("admin" "password" - can't get much more lame than that!) - no luck.  I spoke to the support tech and once I explained what DDNS was, he confirmed that the feature does not exist.

This is a service I rely on and so I am now canceling the Ignite Service and moving back to their old service.  It took 90 minutes on the phone to revert me back to the Hitron Modem service.   To add insult to injury, they refuse to honour the new price the quoted me.  Now I discover Rogers/Hitron have deleted No-IP.com as a DDNS service provider.  A service I have purchased.  Another hour on the phone with Rogers support and no answers.

I am so tired of having to fight every 12 months for a deal and spend literally hours making it work.  With no deal from Rogers and no DDNS service I will once again switch providers and take their 'new customer' offer. 

ansred
I plan to stick around
They didn't fix the issue and they are just pushing for business line and static IP.

So I had to come up with a workaround.

I have a small PC that is up 24/7 and install a client on it for DDNS and that's how it's updating.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
Bridge the modem and use your own router. Problem solved!

hmusa1
I've been around

Not sure if this will help but you can use the ignite wifi hub app as follows:

Connect -> wifi equipment -> advanced settings -> LAN & WAN

Here it will show the currently assigned IP address (WAN IPv4 address and WAN IPv6 address).

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 in conversation