New Rogers/Yahoo Webmail Interface

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

New Rogers/Yahoo Webmail Interface

Got the following e-mail from Rogers today:

In the next few weeks, Yahoo is launching a new and improved version of webmail. The enhancements include:
A fresh new design
Customizable features to help keep you organized
Fun animated images, stationary and emojis

For those interested in the new look, see the following link:

https://rogers.overview.mail.yahoo.com/

So, be aware that when you login to Webmail, you may see something new and don't panic.  Smiley Wink

**Labels Added**

Re: New Rogers/Yahoo Webmail Interface

Hello @57,

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the Community! =)

I am confident that the new look and feel of the Yahoo Webmail platform will be a big upgrade. We're excited to hear feedback on the changes from all of our users here in the Community.

Let us know what you think once the changes take effect.

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Looks like its going more 'outlook'ish design wise, etc.

I've Been Around

I might be missing something but my inbox already looks like this and has for a while now. 

I Plan to Stick Around

So why is the old filter function gone - the new design to help me "better organize my email"  but you just made it more difficult for me to do new filters for new folders. It was so much easier just to be in a message and click on the filter function and create a new filter using the message instead now I have to write all the information down in order to add a new filter and hope I didn't type it in wrong? 

I switched back to the old format but of course I can only switch back to Basic which is even less useful. 

Time to explore other email options I guess.

I Plan to Stick Around

So I just set up a filter under the New Mail I will know in a week if it works but I noticed another annoying point. Since I couldn't set up the filter inside the email message that  I wanted to set up a new filter for, as had been the old and very quick and easy way to do it, I had to go back out of More Settings  to get the email address. When I go back to Settings, More Settings does not show up so I had to leave email and come back to get into  More Settings so I could get back to the Filters option. 

I've Been Here Awhile

That 'VIEWS' button has been annoying me for days. Can anyone tell me how to cause it to remain hidden? It constantly resurfaces and take up valuable room in that left-most column. As I recall it used to be in a less conspicuous spot under the 'folders' list. Why not make it remain as the user wishes...either showing or hidden? Anyhow...got any suggestions for me?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bspeelz wrote:

When I go back to Settings, More Settings does not show up so I had to leave email and come back to get into  More Settings so I could get back to the Filters option. 

The settings (the gear near the top right of the screen) should be there?  Then the "more settings" is near the bottom of the selections in settings?  You may need to click on an e-mail first as I noticed some of the other items in the top banner are missing if you don't click on an e-mail?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@oaklie wrote:

That 'VIEWS' button has been annoying me for days. Can anyone tell me how to cause it to remain hidden? It constantly resurfaces...

Looks like it reappears when you start a new session.  Perhaps you can contact them and ask them to make it remember your preferences or  to move it to the bottom?

"Smart Views" used to remain minimized. You used to click it to enable it instead of it having a "hide" option. It was above the folders though. One of my e-mail accounts hasn't been switched yet and I just checked.

I Plan to Stick Around

Okay I played with this some more and figured it out myself I think. 

So in the New Mail window,  I click on Settings and ...More Settings appears at the bottom of my screen, I click on it and go to the Filter option for example and  then I exit out of Settings ie Back to Inbox then I click back on Settings I don't see ...More Settings at the bottom of the screen, no place to click to get to it, however if I click on the Back Arrow at the top left of the screen it brings me to the full list of setting options. So one problem solved. Still do not like the filter feature going backwards in terms of ease of use and doubt that will change.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 in conversation