cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Problem after years: cannot sign into MyRogers or email. Have tried everything. Can you help?

onehunkytenor
I've been here awhile

Worked perfectly for ages and ages until one forced Rogers relog. Has not worked since then. I have tried everything I can think of, everything research has suggested and everything (though that's not much, TBH) suggested by Rogers. Phone support folk have abandoned me, sending a promised follow-up text that reads "The Ignite TV issue you contacted us about may be resolved as we were unable to pinpoint the cause of it. We're sorry for any trouble you experienced." -- Where do I begin? Not an Ignite issue; was happening before the recent switch to Ignite. Not a TV issue. May be resolved??? NOPE. Really showed no interest in pinpointing anything. The trouble is current, not past tense. Sigh.

I cannot sign in to MyRogers from my desktop. I enter my username and then get a blank screen. Same with emai and this forum.

Everything works from my phone (in a broswer and on the apps) and from my laptop, including signing into this forum and posting this. Could not do so from my desktop; same result as above.

And so I turn my hopes here.

Have tried: clear cache/cookies, different browser (prefer/use Chrome -- have tried FF, Edge, Opera), total wipe of Chrome/reinstall, checked firewall, disabled extensions at launch via command line, have checked thoroughly for malware/virii, checked firewall, ports seem unblocked. Again all this was working JUST FINE until a forced Rogers relog. Am running Windows 10, latest updates, on a modern PC.

All else apperas to work as usual on my desktop including any other website.

I am at my wit's end and thoroughly disappointed by Rogers.

Brilliant minds have at it... Can YOU help me sort this out?

**Updated Labels**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: New Problem after years: cannot sign into MyRogers or email. Have tried everything. Can you help?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers have never been very good at troubleshooting e-mail issues. Now that the writing is on the wall for Rogers e-mail, per the following FAQ, they are even less likely, even if it takes several years for the end to come.

https://www.rogers.com/support/internet/rogers-yahoo-mail-change-faq

It looks like you've already tried most of the tips in the following post, however, I will post it again, just in case you missed one tip (VPN?  PC restart? etc?):

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Tips-for-Rogers-Websites-amp-Apps/m-p/491...

The fact that it works on your phone and laptop points to your desktop as the issue, although, beyond the tips provided in the above link, there's probably nothing I can add.

Re: New Problem after years: cannot sign into MyRogers or email. Have tried everything. Can you help?

onehunkytenor
I've been here awhile

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad SOMEONE replied! 😁

Alas, the problem persists.

Something interesting tho... I tried logging in on my desktop using credentials (my phone number + password) I set up in 2021 for some reason -- who remembers!? --  and it works perfectly. It tells me there's a problem and that it's not syncing and wants me to log in, which I attempt to do. Problem is, it presents the very same blank/white screen (this time in a window) and that's that. VERY curious, I'd say...

I wish I had "next steps" in mind. I've actually now taken to prompting ChatGPT to become a world renowned  expert in such matters and having it ask me questions to diagnose. It's come up with a few interesting one but nothing has fixed the issue yet... Arrrrrrrrgh!

This business of no email on my desktop is crippling my workflows.

WHY WON'T ROGERS HELP!?

It looks like there may be several different issues?  In your latest post you talk about e-mail.  Does this mean you're not able to sign into Rogers Webmail (e-mails on the web using a browser)?  Or that you're using an e-mail client like "Outlook" or "Thunderbird" or "Mail" on a Mac?  If you're using an e-mail client, then you should be aware of the App Password issue discussed in the following thread and my summary post in that thread - below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/m-p/524346/highlight/true#M...

A bit more clarity from you regarding the problem(s) might help us help you.  For example you say "It tells me there's a problem" and "Problem is, it presents the very same blank/white screen". What is "it"?

onehunkytenor
I've been here awhile

Indeed, while I mention emil in the title of my original post, I focused on MyRogers. Both worked perfectly before the forced relog and both are broken after it.

The result is the same in either case -- MyRogers or Rogers webmail (Yahoo Mail) from my desktop. Not using an email client; am on Windows 10. 

"It" is Rogers webmail and I am happy to provide whatever information will provide more clarity.

Thank you.

Thanks for the clarification.  If you've tried all of the tips I provided in post 2 - link again below, then I'm at a loss:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Tips-for-Rogers-Websites-amp-Apps/m-p/491...

You may wish to PM the mods on this forum:

When logged into the forum, click on @CommunityHelps  .  On the page that comes up, you'll see a link near the top right of the screen to "send a message".  If you're using a tablet or phone, you may need to switch your browser to the desktop version. How to do that will depend on the device but a web search should find it.  There may be some back and forth required while Rogers get your personal information to look into your account.  Personal information is not allowed in this forum.  

When logged into the forum, check the envelope icon at the top right of the screen for messages.  You would usually also receive an e-mail that you have a PM, but it may have ended up in your spam folder...

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation