cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite modem rebooting itself

jcbabino
I've been here awhile

Hey Roger's,

My modem keeps rebooting itself daily between 3am and 4:30am. I work overnights and thus us when I come home for lunch. The rest of the day it is totally fine.

Is there something going on the back end or should I just go swap out the modem?

**Labels Added**

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Ignite modem rebooting itself

RogersTony

Hello, @jcbabino

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Congratulations on your first post. 🙂

I can imagine how disruptive it is to have the modem reboot itself daily at a time when you need the connection. There are sometimes updates that may be pushed overnight but this is not something that should be occurring daily.

• Can you describe the light pattern of the modem when the connection is dropping? 
  • How does the modem connect to power, does it connect via a power bar or surge protector or is it directly to a power socket?
  • How often does the connection drop during this time?

Once we have more details we'll be better equipped to assist you.

RogersTony

jcbabino
I've been here awhile

I get a red LED, then after a bit it goes to a flashing amber LED. I also get a message on the screen saying something to the effect of "you caught us doing some household cleaning/maintenance....The ignite modem is plugged into a power bar because the main modem is plugged direct 

Greetings @jcbabino!

A red light is indicative of an internal system error unrelated to the loss of RF signal to your modem. Is it alternating between a red and amber light or is it going solid red, followed by a flashing amber light?

I'd recommend a full factory reset as the first step. If that doesn't resolve this matter, please PM us as we'll need to send out a tech.

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Nancy26
I've been here awhile

I have the exact same issue for months now. My modem reboots itself every morning between 4:30am and 5:30 am when I'm working. It is more than annoying. Is the modem the issue or Rogers

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Nancy26 wrote:

I have the exact same issue for months now. My modem reboots itself every morning between 4:30am and 5:30 am when I'm working. It is more than annoying. Is the modem the issue or Rogers

How long has this been going on for?  It's likely that the Rogers network team was making changes that require all modems in an area to reset.  Once in a blue moon, you might see this happening every day for few days straight, but no more than that.  Normally, the modems stay up for months at a time until Rogers pushes out a firmware update, which also usually happens at around 4:30 AM.

Nancy26
I've been here awhile

It's not once in a while, it's daily and it's been happening for months. I even rebooted the entire system a few times to see if it might clear the issue but to no avail

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Nancy26 wrote:

It's not once in a while, it's daily and it's been happening for months. I even rebooted the entire system a few times to see if it might clear the issue but to no avail

Yikes, that's not normal.  I would send a private message to @CommunityHelps and ask them to look into this further.  They are the best people to contact because if they can't see any tickets for maintenance work in your area, they can also do some troubleshooting and a preliminary investigation on their own, dispatch a field tech, or escalate to other teams within Rogers, if required.

JeffE
I've been here awhile
Nancy, are you still having an issue? Mine has been doing the same thing too, everyday around 3am or 315am. It's gotta be scheduled maintenence, buts annoying.

ramg1967
I plan to stick around

My modem keeps rebooting this morning for 5 times already.  I did make a note of the reboot time - here it is

After reboot the light start to flash RED - then GREEN - then WHITE - which takes about 5 minutes for the process to complete.  Should I call Rogers and ask them to take a look at the modem remotely?

It was working fine for almost 3 years.  All started this morning.

7th Mar
615am
755am
828am
915am
1017am

Greetings @ramg1967 ,

Thanks so much for joining us in the community and for posting your issue! Having your internet modem reboot spontaneously like that cannot be fun and that behaviour is not normal.

If the issue has not yet resolved itself since you posted, kindly send us a PM @CommunityHelps, and we'll be more than happy to investigate further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you!

RogersYasmine

ramg1967
I plan to stick around

@RogersYasmine - Thanks for the reply.  When, I called 1-888-ROGERS1 on Thursday - the recorded message indicated there was network issue at M5A 1W4 area.  Rogers team is in the process of fixing the issue.  That is the reason why the modem was rebooting frequently.  The issue is not resolved yet.  In fact the modem rebooted last night around 930pm.  This morning it is working fine so far.  Not sure, if Rogers team has fixed the issue.  I did register mobile # to get an update when the problem is fixed.

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 in conversation