cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Wifi modem trouble with android devices

Toronto35
I've been around

I have a ignite wifi modem and there are multiple android and apple devices connected to it. The apple devices have no issue with loading webpages but the android devices are unable to load anything outside of Google search results while connected to the same wifi modem. Is there a way I can fix this, I’ve tried resetting the modem, tried changing the password and have found the issue to persist. I cannot figure out why the apple devices are fine but the android devices are unable to load any webpages outside of google searches even though it shows it’s connected.

*Added Labels*

1 REPLY 1

Re: Ignite Wifi modem trouble with android devices

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Toronto35 Do you have Protected Browsing or Parental Controls enabled?  Both of those features use DNS to permit and block access to web sites and also block access to third-party DNS services in order to prevent devices from circumventing the Gateway's security controls.  If you have security features enabled on the Ignite Gateway and your Android device is configured to use Google DNS (or some other third party DNS server) then its DNS queries will not get resolved and your device will not be able to connect to any Internet sites.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation