cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get access to my Rogers emails after cancelling my account?

jferras
I've been here awhile

We recently cancelled internet service and ever since have been redirected to Rogersmemberscentre website to login. When I try to enter my email, Rogersmembers centre says:

"The account id you entered is invalid"

I can get into the yahoo email account with @yahoo.com email but not the rogers.com address.

I don't care if the domain name has to change following service cancellation; however, where are all my emails? Rogers just removes access to all your email history when you cancel service? What kind of nonsense is this?

**Labels Added**

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How do I get access to my Rogers emails after cancelling my account?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you cancel your Rogers Highspeed Internet, you are also cancelling your associated Rogers Email account with it. Its an automatic process so there is no human this request is going to and they're thinking "should I delete this email for this customer? hmm"

A lot of people don't realize the rogers email is purged when your account is cancelled. There might be some agreement or license between rogers and yahoo that could be the reason behind this.  Rogers is after all using Yahoos email back end via a special agreement and that agreement might very well be between paying customers.

Your free to create your own Yahoo.ca email address and use that since its not affiliated with the @rogers.com domain but any email messages you received when you were with rogers wont be transferred over unless you specifically copied or downloaded or backed them up ahead of time PRIOR to cancellation

jferras
I've been here awhile

It's shocking they don't inform customers of this prior to cancellation. 13 years (and longer before a break in service) and this how Rogers treats their customers. Thanks...

My question is will they reinstate the email temporarily to back up the email history if requested?

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

I do not know why you would think that a Rogers provided service would still be active when you cancelled Rogers.  Those emails are probably all deleted now but calling customer service may help.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree that Rogers has no need to continue a service when you cancel with them.  However, I have read in this forum that some people have had their e-mails active for a while after cancelling.  Also, it's possible to migrate an e-mail address to a friend or relative who is on Rogers, thereby maintaining the e-mail address.  This is usually done before cancelling for obvious reasons.  Of course you will need a trusted friend or relative to do this. (you can always change the password once the e-mail is migrated).

One option would be to message the moderators on this forum for their assistance. I have found them very useful.  Just click on the link below when logged in and message them.

@CommunityHelps 

Also see the following post on how to PM.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Blog/How-to-send-a-Private-Message/ba-p/487946

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not sure on how you canceled.   If you talked to a live person, I DO agree that is should be part of their 'closing' speech stuff, that you will loose access to your email.

But overall.. ANY provider which is giving you email from the provider (Bell, Shaw, etc) are all the same.  Your no longer getting their service, you loose access to the email.

These email account, are not like a hotmail, outlook, gmail, etc account, which are outside of a provider. 

wrmac
I've been around

I know this has been asked before but things/laws change and all previous requests are old.

I am cancelling my Rogers after 40 years of being dedicated and financially abused.  I would like to be able to keep my email address when I leave.

Is that possible to migrate it to me.  I do know I can transfer it to another person with a Rogers account but that is not secure.

Thanks in advance.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wrmac wrote:

1. Is that possible to migrate it to me. 

2. I do know I can transfer it to another person with a Rogers account but that is not secure.

1. No.  I have heard that some people have not lost their e-mail addresses when they left, but I wouldn't count on it.

2. This is your only option.  It can be made secure by changing the password to one only you know after the "transfer".

In order to not have these sorts of issues in the future, you can open a Gmail or similar account.  This was discussed very recently in this thread to which your post was moved.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 in conversation