cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitron CODA-4582 Port forwarding issue (13 pages of rules!)

Albatrossed
I've been here awhile

So, I have been having problems with my Internet for a while now, its 500mbps and yet, Twitch buffers constantly, Netflix doesn't load, etc.

So I'm thinking, I'll go check my modem's settings and maybe try my hands at port forwarding, as I have heard good things about it (I don't know anything about any of this). So when I get to the port forwarding section, I see to my surprise that there are already 13 pages worth of port forwarding rules! I ahven't set any of those. They are all for Applications "192.168.0.11" and "192.168.0.10". Could this be the root of my problems? Can I remove all those rules and can I make sure they won't appear again?

I just want to actually get the service I'm paying for.

Thank you for all your help

**Labels Added**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hitron CODA-4582 Port forwarding issue (13 pages of rules!)

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Albatrossed!

Welcome to the community!

I can appreciate the shock in seeing so many forwarded ports for sure, especially if you're unfamiliar with the process! This is however completely normal and a feature of the modem known as UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) wherein the modem will automatically forward ports as necessary on approved ports. This occurs when a particular server is accessed, and it will be added to the port forwarding log. 

For more information on port forwarding with applicable links you can check out my recent post here.

All the best!

@RogersAndy

Albatrossed
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the info!

Randall231
I've been around

@imessageap wrote:

So, I have been having problems with my Internet for a while now, its 500mbps and yet, Twitch buffers constantly, Netflix doesn't load, etc.

So I'm thinking, I'll go check my modem's settings and maybe try my hands at port forwarding, as I have heard good things about it (I don't know anything about any of this). So when I get to the port forwarding section, I see to my surprise that there are already 13 pages worth of port forwarding rules! I ahven't set any of those. They are all for Applications "192.168.0.11" and "192.168.0.10". Could this be the root of my problems? Can I remove all those rules and can I make sure they won't appear again?

I just want to actually get the service I'm paying for.

Thank you for all your help

**Labels Added**

Just leave your firewall at Minimum configuration.  Unless I'm mistaken, that's the default.  It won't permit anything inbound to your inside network unless it matches with an established outbound connection (stateful firewall) or one that's been dynamically created using UPnP (universal plug and play).  Besides, you said it works with those settings (don't turn off UPnP) so why tinker?

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation