Internet
Got questions about your modem, router, speeds or WiFi?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Rogers Ignite Gigabit - UNLTD throttled at 320 Mbps down 50 Mbps up

I've been a Rogers customer since the late 80's, have had this particular Internet service for at least 7 years, but have recently had issues with Internet outages. So I thought I should investigate what was happening and used http://rogers.com/speed...

jandrews by I plan to stick around
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

CODA 4582 (OUTDATED?)

Im on Gigabit Internet and have had no issues with the connection for years now. I realize 1gb D/L is probably actually 75% of that, but its been working well ( except i've lost my 2.4 ghz wifi ),  but the 5ghz is fine. As a gamer most connections ar...

Bilko by I plan to stick around
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

MOCA setup problems...

Hello: Thank you everybody that posted on the subject, I did a little bit of reading following the different strings but I am still struggling... I have a very bad wireless internet ('70s condo...) and need reliable service for work. I have a hitron ...

waswithbell by I plan to stick around
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Hitron CODA-4582 slow port speed

Hello,    Looking for some help with my Hitron CODA-4582.    I am currently running two Uniquiti APs for my network. The LAN port of the Hitron seem to cap the speeds to 100m, even though the manual states 1gbs capacity. I can see under the Hitron se...

jkwong32 by I've been here awhile
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Modem offline?

Hi everyone, my CODA-4582 modem went offline and didn't go back online. I had already reset the modem to factory default settings and still offline.   Is there an activity this morning's maintenance window and this is expected or I have a faulty mode...

ybrik by I plan to stick around
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! How to setup MoCA with my own router?

There's been a slew of threads lately on MoCA and I have my own questions on setup...   I've currently got a CODA-4582 (which supports MoCA 2.0) but I prefer to use my own router and put the modem in bridge mode. My understanding is that in bridge mo...

missedFG by I plan to stick around
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

MOCA Setup

Hi,I have a Hitron 4582u router/modem in my house as the main device. Now, I want to connect another access point to this device over the exiting coax cables. I know, I need a MOCA adapter for the connection. My question is: is it possible to use ano...

mtefon by I've been around
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Hitron 4582 in bridge mode: Alternative IP address?

Hi,I'm moving from an older Hitron modem to a 4582 with a new GB plan and in reading up on it I've come across an issue.  If I'm reading the docs correctly, once the modem is in bridge mode, it uses the IP address 192.168.100.1.  Is this configurable...

Johnster by I've been here awhile
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

CODA-4582 IPv6 DNS1 and DNS2 disappeared

I have a CODA-4582 modem, running Dual Router mode and have been using manual IPv4 and IPv6 DNS entries for a while now.  I noticed sometime in the past week or two that my modem no longer shows IPv6 DNS1 and DNS2, only IPv4 DNS1 and DNS2.     I've r...

ianafamily by I've been here awhile
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! CODA-4582 Firewall & Port Forwarding help

Hello,   I'm going crazy here. I've been troubleshooting for days and have isolated the issue with my CODA-4582 modem/router (It's currently in Residential Gateway mode). I'm not exaggerating about the day(s) of troubleshooting, so forgive me if I ra...

VM-Guest-IP.PNG PForwarding.PNG DMZ.PNG Firewall.PNG
michealPW by I've been here awhile
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

CODA-4582 DHCP Table not showing any connected clients

I was experiencing some Internet connection issues last couple weeks, so a Roger technician came and replaced my old Hitron Coda-4582 this morning.   From the Status page of the new modem, it shows Hardware Version: 1A, Software Version: 7.1.1.37.   ...

Pingsun by I've been here awhile
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Hitron CODA-4582 with TP-Link Mesh System

Hello all!I’ve seen multiple suggestions online on the “best” way to setup a third-party mesh system with the Rogers modem, and now I have just a few questions surrounding my current setup.I currently have a TP-Link Deco M4R mesh system connected to ...

CODA 4582U VPN SMB

CODA 4582 with latest firmware (7.1.1.37) in bridge mode on business 1 Gbit service   Service is stable for 8 - 16 hours and then various traffic over the VPN gets slowed down / dropped   The modem was recently replaced and the problems persist   Pow...

SteveB61 by I've been here awhile
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Hitron CODA-4582 Port forwarding issue (13 pages of rules!)

So, I have been having problems with my Internet for a while now, its 500mbps and yet, Twitch buffers constantly, Netflix doesn't load, etc.   So I'm thinking, I'll go check my modem's settings and maybe try my hands at port forwarding, as I have hea...

Albatrossed by I've been here awhile
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Hitron CODA 4582 - Bridge Mode Instability and DMZ

Hey, everytime I try to run my Hitron on bridge mode it loses connection for 10 seconds, 2 or 3 times every hour.First I called customer service and was told that I can't run this modem on bridge mode... What? There are even tutorials here on how to ...

brnperes by I've been here awhile
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Asus AX88U - WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly

Hi, I recently installed a new AX88U router at home and today internet access went down for a few minutes. When I checked the log, I noticed this error in router logs and this matches with the time when internet access had gone down:   Nov 21 12:16:5...

vikas-arora by I plan to stick around
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

CODA-4582 Hardware Version Update to 2A

My modem has the hardware version 1A. I know before replacing this modem it had 2A. Can the upgrade to 2A be done remotely or does it have to be brought in to Rogers?   Thanks in advance.   *Added Labels*

falcios by I'm an enthusiast
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

CODA - Constant factory resetting

Hey folks..   I'm pretty aggravated with Rogers hardware. It seems that i am constantly (at least 4 times/year) returning my modems due to defects. Thankfully I rent because I would NEVER take a chance at buying one of these bricks.  Currently I have...

bigdee2015 by I plan to stick around
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
Labels