Hitron CODA-4582 Port Forwarding Issue (Added ports don't save)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Hitron CODA-4582 Port Forwarding Issue (Added ports don't save)

CODA-4582U    port forwarding  problem

Hi guys,  cant forward any ports  , i need 80 and 9000 for dvr , only 80 works .

there is 2 rules for skype and 1 for teredo , deleted them  , after reboot  2 skype returned .

is 4582U different?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Those will keep coming up, if you have UPNP enabled.
If you disable it, it will free up those slots.
But it doesnt seem like its a # of slots issue.

I've Been Here Awhile

Anytime I try to create a new port forwarding rule and hit Save I am immediately prompted with a user session timeout and to relogin. I have tried on 2 desktops via ethernet, incognito mode in chrome, and on my cell phone. Ive rebooted my modem also.

Any ideas?

HW 1A

SW 2.0.10.28T2

The following are the steps and what occurs:

- Open Port Forwarding page

- Press Add Rule

- Fill out all fields as needed

- Press Apply

- Press Save Changes

-Browser popup session timed out, please login!

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @porchemasi,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums Man LOL.

I can certainly understand how that can be quite the annoyance and it seems like you weren't the only person who experienced this issue. Fortunately, @Gilae was able to identify the problem and came up with a solution. 

Please refer to post #6 of this thread for further instructions. Let us know if it works for you as well!

Cheers,

RogersCilio

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @RogersCilio

Unfortunately there are no rules to remove and I have tried with UnPn enabled and disabled. Same session time out error when clicking save. 

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @porchemasi,

Thanks for getting back to me. Which ports in particular are you trying to forward? As my colleague @RogersCorey mentioned, if you're attempting to forward reserved ports, it'll likely fail.  

Have you also already tried to factory reset the modem as well? I'd also suggest trying to input your port forwarding rules while hardwired directly to the modem, with Ethernet.

I'll tag in a few of our very knowledgeable Resident Experts to provide some insight.

@Gdkitty @gp-se @Datalink Gentlemen, thoughts?

Cheers,

RogersCilio

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@porchemasi wrote:

Hi @RogersCilio

Unfortunately there are no rules to remove and I have tried with UnPn enabled and disabled. Same session time out error when clicking save. 

@porchemasi 

That is very strange, at this point I would do a factory reset of the modem.

I'm Here A Lot

@porchemasi

Just to make sure all bases are covered, have you tried the solution in post #10 in this thread? Try letting all pages load before advancing to the next one, and if that doesn't work, connect via Ethernet and try again.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@porchemasi are you running any blockers on the browser by any chance.  I had a similar situation with an RT-AC68U router and Firefox where I had numerous blockers running.  Running a router update, the time to go indicator would sit and spin, essentially telling me that I wasn't commanding the update to run.  Switch to Chrome, where I have fewer blockers running, and the update runs as expected.  So, some part of the user web page was blocked in Firefox, but, allowed to run in Chrome.

I've Been Here Awhile

I've set the modem to bridge mode, done port forwarding via my router but the ports are still not opened? I've also tried connecting the modem (in bridge mode) direct to my PC, and while internet works, the ports are still closed. I thought the modem doesn't have any firewall in bridge mode?

I remember when the modem was in gateway mode with port forwarding configured, and while the active ports show up under UPNP, ports still couldn't be seen through canyouseeme or yougetsignal sites.