cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geeni Smart Plug_not working since moving to Ignite

Janet16
I've been around

I recently moved to the Ignite WiFi Gateway (Gen1) and ever since the Geeni Smart Plugs will no longer connect.  The technician split the router so that I can select the 2.4G for devices that aren't compatible with 5G.  I was able to connect all the other smart devices that only operate on 2.4G with no issues.  The Geeni representative asked that I speak to my carrier to request that my network standard be changed, Rogers tech advised this couldn't be done. 

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue with Geeni products?  If so, any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

I bought a smart plug by one of the company's that I have smart lights with and was able to connect their smart plug without any issues. 

Cheers,

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Geeni Smart Plug_not working since moving to Ignite

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I searched the Internet for "Geeni Smart Plug" will not connect and this seems to be a common problem.  However, I did not see any reports of Geeni products not being able to connect to a Rogers Ignite or Comcast Xfinity gateway... so hopefully you will be able to find tips that will help get your smart plugs online.

Re: Geeni Smart Plug_not working since moving to Ignite

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its a shame, it seems hard to find the TECHNICAL specs on those plugs.
As well, might vary from newer to older versions of them.

I DOUBT though, that it would be that its on too old of a standard... (IE: I know you cant connect 80211.b anymore.. can you still connect 80211.g??).. doesnt support wpa2 or something?

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation