cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force upgrade Ignite, refuse to fix Internet. Command from Rogers headquarter

GoodWeather
I've been here awhile

Just want to save you guys some hazard with my past week of experience if your internet is having problem. I have a defect cable from outside station to my house(initially I don't know). All departments(Ignite, regular tech, business tech and etc.) cannot book tech to visit, because the headquarter setup the system not able to book tech visit unless you are Ignite upgraded(which is much expensive and more profit for Rogers). So, I did the upgrade to Ignite, the guys finally show up, and he said, nothing wrong with the modem, it's the cable outside half broken, keep disconnection. He suggest me to call for service request for cable replacement or "modem move". But after I try to call, there is still no way to book appointment, even I know it's just cable broken. At this point, I could already tell what Rogers is up to, pretty much just force me to upgrade. But since I insist to refuse upgrade and I know the real issue, one of the ignite department guys send a manually request to tech, and got appointment booked. So, they do have a way to book an appointment, just don't want to do it. So, when it comes to appointment day, my appointment was just cancelled with one SMS notification. Apparently, Rogers internally reach an agreement, not to fix legacy internet plan, unless you do the ignite upgrade. I called them this morning, and ask how can I fixed the issue, and the guys clearly tell me: "That's what brought us here if you don't upgrade to ignite. So, do you consider the upgrade, so I could get you the appointment booked". At this point, I pretty much give up on Rogers.

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Force upgrade Ignite, refuse to fix Internet. Command from Rogers headquarter

RogersMaude

Good day @GoodWeather,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post!

I appreciate your detailed account of events and I can understand the inconveniences this situation may cause you.

May I ask why you categorically refuse to consider upgrading your legacy services to the Ignite platform?

We appreciate your business, value your loyalty and surely want to keep you as a satisfied Rogers customer. We'd be happy to review your options if you give us the opportunity to investigate things.

For further assistance, we'll need to access to your account to discuss privately and go through the authentication process.

Feel free to send a message to @CommunityHelps, when you have a chance. To know how to send us a private message, check out this blog. Thanks!

RogersMaude

Re: Force upgrade Ignite, refuse to fix Internet. Command from Rogers headquarter

GoodWeather
I've been here awhile

Lol, look at this. This is the direction this agent is going too. Instead of talking about "Fixing existing issue" which has nothing to do with plan upgrade, the agent's suggestion direction changed to "May I ask why you categorically refuse to consider upgrading your legacy services to the Ignite platform?". For one clear reason, my plan is only $49.99 per month 500Mbps, instead of $59.99 per month 1.5Gbps. The speed increase is useless for me. And to upgrade, I need to lock another 2 years. 

Since the headquarter's command is more for "Get rid of all legacy customer at any cost", there is no longer good service. So, usually support agent will "Change the topic". I'm not here to look for solution. Just to warn all other customers that this might be happening if you own legacy service but contract is not over yet. I believe the dark time will eventually pass when all those old contract is over, since I used Rogers/Fido for 15+ years, I know this dirty trick is not forever.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation