Fitbit Aria scale-

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Fitbit Aria scale-

Good afternoon. We have had the ignite installation for about 1 week. I cannot connect our Fitbit Aria scale to the new network. I have spoken with Fitbit and was told that it will only work with a 2,4ghz connection. I then spoke with Rogers concierge and was informed that the new ignite router will handle both 5 and 2.4ghz. No problem connecting my Fitbit Icon. Has anyone been able to connect their Aria scale to their network via the new ignite modem? Any help will be appreciated.

***EDITED LABELS***

Re: Fitbit Aria scale-

Hello, @iponting

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Unable to connect your Fitbit Aria Scale to the new WiFi network can certainly be inconvenient. It's true the new XB6 modem supports both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. 

Is your scale the first generation? At what point does the setup fail?

Community - has anyone successfully connect the Fitbit Aria Scale to the new Ignite network?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm Here A Lot

Hi Roger: Thanks for your reply. I get to the final step which is to reconnect to my network. Message is network not found and the scale during this process scrolls networks detected, when process fails the message on the scale reverts to setup active. Fitbit support said it ws probably looking for a 2.4ghz connection but I'm told that the new ignite modem will auto connect to 2.4ghz. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Only thing I can suggest..

In most cases now, people are setting the SSIDs for their wireless, on both the 2.4 and the 5.  That way it most devices will just pick up whatever they are able to (usually preferring the 5).

One option might be to log into the modem, and then change the names on one of them.
It will then show up on your local networks as 2 different things.

But should allow you to more specifically connect to the 2.4 specifically without it potentially getting confused, etc at the 5.

I'm Here A Lot

I renamed 2.4 connection as suggested. I couldn't connect. I called Rogers and Fitbit again to discover that the Aria requires 802.11 B or BGN, neither of which are available on the Ignite modem. So still looking for a solution.

Tnks

Ian

I've Been Around

How do I log into the new motem? I was not given anything after the install
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@iponting wrote:

I renamed 2.4 connection as suggested. I couldn't connect. I called Rogers and Fitbit again to discover that the Aria requires 802.11 B or BGN, neither of which are available on the Ignite modem. So still looking for a solution.

Tnks

Ian

@iponting
Sorry, was away for vacation and never came back to this thread.

You might be in a bit of a sore spot.   WHY the Aria would be using a B connection is beyond me.  B has not been a main standard for.. has to be 8+ years?  
I have been seeing more and more modems phase it out of there.. that your seeing only G/N/AC now.. with the ability to go only N/AC and even remove the G.

Unfortunately, i dont think there really IS a solution.. bar setting up a cheap wireless access point, which has B capabilities.. JUST for the scale.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bearswife wrote:
How do I log into the new motem? I was not given anything after the install

You will need to go to the wepage of your modem.  
Depending on WHICH modem you got, how it was set up.. could usually be one of 3 pages.

http://192.168.0.1
http://192.168.1.1

http://10.0.0.1

Once there, you will need to log into it.

If you are via one of the two first links, you would want to use

cusadmin - for the user name
'password' or your if it was changed, your wireless password, for the Password.

If its the 3rd link

admin - for the user name

your wireless password for the password.

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for your reply. I contacted Fitbit and they helped me out with a new Fitbit Aria2 which works fine with the new Rogers Modem. I was thinking that I could connect the replaced modem to the new modem and use that for the Aria1, since I already have the Sam Knows setup(3rd party monitoring of Rogers internet) and it seems to be working as far as I can tell.  

I've Been Around

By looking at this thread, I just want to confirm that there is no solution to connecting Aria to Ignite internet without getting a new Aria scale?
That really sucks...
Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 in conversation