JoO1
I've been around

Forgot my wifi password

*Edited Labels*

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Find, Change or Reset Wi-Fi Password

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Here is a help article that covers every Rogers modem/gateway.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/find-change-or-reset-wi-fi-password

If that doesn't work for you or you get stuck - click on no for does this solve your problem and a link is provided for a chat with technical support.

You can also contact via phone or the contact us section on MyRogers page

Good luck - reach back if still stuck - given holiday evening - may be few around to help, but do reach out.

Bruce

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @JoO1

Also don't forget that we have an extensive TKB (Technical Knowledge Base) available for every service from the right hand side on the Navigation Tree.

Here is a link to the Internet TKB

ali65
I've been here awhile

wifi password have forgotten it

ali65
I've been here awhile
Thank you was not aware it is saved in your wifi set up on computer,all good now.

Hello @ali65!

A warm welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your very first post! I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve your concern on your own! 😄

Having various usernames and passwords to different app's and websites can certainly become confusing at times! It's easy to lose track! There are a few ways to reset or change your Wi-Fi password for your home internet service that I'd like to share with you and the rest of the Community. Please see below!

1. You can connect to a computer, tablet, or smartphone via Wi-Fi or Ethernet to reset or change your Wi-Fi password. Please CLICK HERE to see a video with the step by step instructions.

2. You may reset or change your Wi-Fi password by downloading and logging into the Rogers MyWiFi app. Please CLICK HERE for further instructions on how to download and utilize the app. 

3. You may do a factory reset on your modem if you have a Gigabit, CGN3, or Rocket modem. Please keep in mind that by factory resetting your modem, it will wipe out all of your modem's current settings. To proceed, please press and hold the "Reset" button at the back of the modem for thirty seconds to initiate the factory reset. The modem will then reboot over the course of 10 minutes. Once it has finished rebooting, you will need to configure the Wi-Fi again by joining the open "RogersEasyConnect" Wi-Fi network. You will be guided through setting up your Wi-Fi network name and password after connecting to the EasyConnect network.

I hope this information is useful! 🙂

RogersLaura

How can I change my internet/wifi password?

Hello, @Jaxton2017

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how important it is to know how to change your Wi-Fi password.

Please Click Here to see the Community Forums Knowledge-Base article on How To: Change Your Home WiFi Password.

Let us know if you have any trouble following these steps!

RogersTony

I'm trying to connect to the internet on my PS4, however, it's not accepting my WIFI password.  I've turned off the router and turned it back on but still won't work.  I've tried going in through both Easy and Custom but won't accept the password.  What can I do to fix this?

Hello, @nritchie39

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 

I can see how frustrating it must be to be experiencing this issue with your PS4 connecting to WiFi. It definitely should not be this difficult! 

Can you try to manually connect to WiFi on another device and see if the WiFi password you are using works on this device? Do most of your devices have the WiFi network saved and automatically connect?

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

Velvet66
I've been around
I'm not a techy girl WHATSOEVER!! I will need to be walked through it step by step...please help!

Hello @Velvet66,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

You've definitely come to the right place! Do you know what kind of modem you currently have? 

Please check out the video on the knowledge base article How To: Change Your Home WiFi Password for step by step instructions :). 

You can also check out Change WiFi Password Using the MyWiFi App and How to Find or Change your WiFi Password for the Rogers Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem for further assistance.

Let us know if you have any follow up questions.

RogersZia

Hello I went to 192.168.0.1 as the videos advised but when I put my wifi password or the generic password in it does not let me login to enter a new password. Please help, the wait for help is 1 hour!!

Hello, @cristinakaveh.

Thank you for posting your concern, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 

What model of modem do you have? Were you able to change the password since you have posted it here?

We can provide accurate info on how to change your WiFi password once we know the modem's model. You can do a factory reset on your modem that should allow you to use the default credentials to log in and set up your WiFi network. 

You are also welcome to send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so we can help reset the admin password. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Yakob
I've been around

Hi, need to change my wifi password

Hello, @Yakob.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in the Community; did you had a chance to browse through this thread?

Based on the modem you have the login instructions to the modem/app are slightly different. If you were not able to change your WiFi password, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 13 in conversation