cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems

ATP13
I plan to stick around

Today my desktop Outlook 365 is not working for Rogers email

And now my cellphone email client is not working either.

Keeps asking for new password.

Rogers Member Centre not working - keeps telling me something is wrong on their end and to try again.

Managed to log into Yahoo mail via website  - I see my clients have not been working since about 1:00pm April 3.

Is there something I am missing?

***Edited Labels***

44 REPLIES 44

Re: Email problems

francoishoule
I've been here awhile

"An Error Occured during Authentication says the Outlook App on Android:

Still NO GO for Android Outlook App and the Rogers Email Account. I get the Yahoo Login Screen, click Continue, tries to show me the password screen and then closes the window with no action taken - 6 months later and still No Rogers Email for Android Outlook App... 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kops wrote:

If you buy Microsoft 365 from Rogers, does Outlook work?   (Office 365 from Microsoft directly does not)

The Outlook portion of MS365 subscription from MS should work (New format, not legacy format).  It's working for me and for others on this forum since late 2023.  See the following summary post on the topic.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-create-App-password/m-p/524346/highlight/true#M...

PS @kops : I see that you "liked" my post from earlier in 2023.  That information is now out of date and the subscription version of Outlook in MS365 has been working since late in 2023.

@francoishoule wrote: Still NO GO for Android Outlook App and the Rogers Email Account. 

Unfortunately, the Outlook e-mail app for devices seems to still require an app password. Most e-mail apps like Apple Mail (for Apple devices) or Gmail for Android do not require an app PW and work just fine on devices like tablets or phones.  These apps may require MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) via a text.

If the Outlook app was working before, it must have had an app password.  If you "lost" that app PW, then you're currently out of luck because Rogers app PW generator has been down since March 2023, and will probably not be fixed as discussed in this and other threads - see my link in the above post.

Topic Stats