cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily and repeated connectivity issues with Rogers Ignite

shanmartell
I've been here awhile

I've been working from home since early 2020. Was a Fido internet customer for years and never had any issues with my mobile, laptop or PC, until I was forced to switch to Rogers ignite a couple of months ago. Since then I've had constant connectivity issues on a daily basis. Sometimes I lose Wifi completely and other times it affects just one device. This is unacceptable. And unless I get a solution I'm ready to switch to another provider.

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Daily and repeated connectivity issues with Rogers Ignite

RogersZia

Hi @shanmartell,

Welcome to the Community!

You've come to the right place. We'll try to get to the bottom of this issue as best as we can. 

When the connection drops, have you noticed any change in the light pattern on your modem?  Does the light start flashing, change colours or remain solid white?

Do you have any devices on a wired connection? If yes, do they lose connection too? Is every device in the home losing connection at the same time or or only specific ones? Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

shanmartell
I've been here awhile

When the connection drops, have you noticed any change in the light pattern on your modem?  Does the light start flashing, change colours or remain solid white?

A-> Colours change and flash, then settle  on orange, before flashing and returning to white again when the connecton is restored.

Do you have any devices on a wired connection? If yes, do they lose connection too?

A-> All devices (computer and phone) lose connection

Is every device in the home losing connection at the same time or or only specific ones?
A-> last Friday it was both at the same time, then just one. Usually it's both.

Please note that I connected with an agent via your live chat last Friday. he asked me to disconnect the COAX and power cables and reconnect after a few minutes while he checked the speed. It was fine for a day or two, and then today it was the worst it's ever been. It's safe to say that in any single day I can lose connection about 15-20 times. I'm ready to bite the bullet and accept your outrageous disconnection fee so I can be rid of this "service" two months into the contract I was forced to enter into when Fido discontinued it's Home Internet.

Hi @shanmartell,

We appreciate the additional information you provided and the troubleshooting you carried out. We are happy to investigate your account and services further in order to find any problems and work with you to find a solution.

Please feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our private messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards,
RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation