cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Ping Spikes

zRa
I plan to stick around

Hi 

My internet for literally the past 2 months has constantly been ping spiking like no tomorrow. Every day I try to play CS GO, I can never seem to play peacefully because im always lagging out and spiking every 2 minutes and to make matters worse it spikes upto 800 MS. I've called rogers who told me to upgrade to Ignite Internet since I was on legacy Ignite which I did and the problem still persists. To make matters worse now, now my TV which is Ignite TV also buffers out and freezes at the same time.

I'm using only hard-wired connections and no wireless and Rogers Technical Support can't seem to figure it out. They constantly keep saying there is no issue when this problem has been persisting for 2 months.

Any advice?

*** Edited Labels ***

45 REPLIES 45

Re: Constant Ping Spikes

zRa
I plan to stick around

It's 99.99% not any device in your house. Everyone that I've spoken to about this issue literally changed nothing in their house and one random morning the problem appears and never leaves. It's certainly always an area wide issue caused by some faulty equipment outside. I don't even believe the congestion excuse.

Unfortunately, you'll just have to keep complaining until you get someone who cares. I recommend messaging RogersAdam on this forum. The problem hasn't gone away yet but I can certainly say he truly does care, actually diagnoses and tries to get the problem resolved by aligning internal stakeholders within Rogers. 

InternetUser21
I've been here awhile

That's exactly what I think too... it's definitely something wrong with their infrastructure. Thankfully the tech I've been in contact with has been committed to helping us, but he's having trouble finding the issue himself. Because it happens intermittently (around the same time, but not every day) it's hard to have him there when the issue is actually occurring. Hopefully I can get the stars to align and it can finally be diagnosed.

tw7788
I've been here awhile

Just an update, after 3 tech visits, the conclusion is it is not much they can do as the issues is not on our end. However, Rogers will not fix aging technology on their side as the coaxial lines will be replaced with fiber soon. So I guess there is no solution, unless they complete the fiber roll out or something like Starlinks becomes available in south Ontario...

zRa
I plan to stick around
I think they will fix because I do believe they are fixing mine but it just takes finding the right person to help.

I suggest messaging RogersAdam as he’s been super helpful in helping us resolve. We aren’t there just get but getting close to the finish line
Topic Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 12 in conversation