cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected Device(s) Not Detected

HASSpro
I've been around

Port forwarding on CGM4331COM (Device is not Detect):

Just switch to the new xb6  XB7 router-modem combo. I was trying to set up my port forward settings for my home assistant server.  The only problem is that the router or ignite wifi app won't recognize that the server is on so I can't make the port forward rule. I've tried to forget the device on the app and then rejoin the network but the app won't pick the device.

Added Labels

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Connected Device(s) Not Detected

RogersTony

Hello, @HASSpro

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

You've reached the right place to post this type of concern. This is not something our support teams are trained to assist you with.

We do have several Resident Experts and Superusers in the community who may be able to provide you with some insight. I will be sure to tag them in this post. @-G-, @Gdkitty, @ColdGranite.

If there are any others users in the community who have experienced this issue with their XB7 modem please feel free to chime in.

RogersTony

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersTony  @HASSpro  Sorry for the late reply.  I don't know what's going on here.  I don't have an XB7, and I use my own router (with my XB6 in Bridge Mode) so I can't really test this.

The only documentation for Port Forwarding is the online Support article:  https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/use-port-forwarding-ignite-wifi-hub

(You can also find Comcast's equivalent here.)

Unfortunately, neither are of much help when things don't work the way that they are supposed to.  Also, others have been reporting many problems with Port Forwarding on the Ignite gateways for as long as I can remember.

CadErik2
I've been here awhile

I have several devices behind a netlink extender and the rogers modem sees the devices as offline and with the ignite website, there is no way to setup a forward to an offline device.

Any workarounds? Why did the basic + functional UI did have to be locked in the modem to be replaced with the sluggish ignite one?

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation