cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Load Rogers.com Homepage

Luv2Run
I've been here awhile

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone,

Has anyone else had the same problem as me when trying to access the https://www.rogers.com/ homepage?

It seems like a ridiculous question to ask!

However, for reasons that escape my understanding, the root URL address for their homepage never seems to load when I try it access it on my computer or other devices.  However, I can properly and successfully access the nested directory structures for their website (re: cable, internet, etc.).  The root address remains elusive and problematic.

What a weird problem!  Not entirely sure that it is an issue on my end as I have been unsuccessful with this experiment for several months while using various up-to-date browsers like Safari & Chrome.  No other websites seem to suffer from this limitation.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

*Added Labels*

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Can't Load Rogers.com Homepage

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No issues here with the Rogers home page.  Here's a checklist of things to try when having problems with Rogers' websites:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Tips-for-Rogers-Websites-amp-Apps/m-p/491...

People sometimes have issues with the Rogers forum here, but the tips above, like clearing cache/cookies, or using Incognito or Private, usually work so you can sign into the forum.  Or you can sign into the Rogers home page first (when working) and then link to the forums.

Edit:  Not sure if you're using a bookmark, but try getting there via a websearch or alternate route?

Try typing Rogers.com into the URL?

Luv2Run
I've been here awhile

Firstly, thank you very much for your quick response to my post.

Secondly, reading between the lines of your response informs me that there is a problem with the structural website framework being used by Rogers.com to serve up these public-facing locales for customers.

Why should a regular user have to go through these types of "workarounds" on a prolonged basis?  Why can't the Rogers.com website infrastructure support team address the underlying issues with the vendor(s) that provide those software services which constitute the public-facing customer experiences?

Perhaps, these questions that I ask are only to be considered rhetorical if they haven't already been brought to the attention of the responsible internal teams @ Rogers.com that are charged with maintaining and fixing customer experiences.  Maybe their paychecks should be more closely tied to ensuring these experiences are optimized and functioning correctly.  None of the umpteen webpages that I have visited over the past many years has given me, and seemingly other customers, so much ongoing trouble.  Weird, isn't it?

Consider these comments a quick reflection on the potential solution to this ongoing circumstance.  However, unless someone is paying attention, these types of inconveniences will continue to persist and also accumulate.

Food for thought!  Team Rogers, the ball is firmly in your court.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Luv2Run : No user of this forum or the Rogers websites will disagree with you.  There have been so many posts critical of the Rogers websites over the years that they are difficult to list.  The fact that I had to develop the "workarounds" and "tips" in my earlier post indicates that there is a major problem with all of Rogers websites and as you indicate, there are no other websites that people visit regularly that have these sorts of issues.  Rogers really does need to do better, but many of us have stopped hitting our heads against that wall and simply report issues as they crop up.  Here are but a few examples:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Questions-Suggestions/Forum-Login-has-changed/m-p/35...

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Questions-Suggestions/Signing-into-Community-Forums-...

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Archived-Posts/Signing-in-to-the-forum/m-p/346068#M210405

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Questions-Suggestions/New-interface-for-the-Communit...

Rogers platform vendor (Khoros) seems pretty inept.

Greetings @Luv2Run!

A lot of browsing issues can be due to a localized problem with the browser you're using. Some simple troubleshooting steps can resolve these issues, such as trying to load the website on a different browser.

Have you attempted any of the troubleshooting suggestions that @57 provided?

If the website never loads for you, then I highly suspect a local issue with the devices you're using to access the site and some troubleshooting will be necessary to resolve it. We aren't currently experiencing any widespread issues with our website that would cause a problem 100% of the time a user attempted to access it.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Luv2Run
I've been here awhile

Hello @RogersCorey

Firstly, thanks for the response to my post.

Secondly, you've unnecessarily jumped to an incorrect conclusion concerning website outage.  I stated that the website's root did not load correctly on many occasions using several browsers and several devices.

We appear to be having an apples-and-oranges conversation in this thread.

Additionally, I have no meaningful motivation to launch your public-facing root directory www.rogers.com by placing my browsers into private browsing mode or even wiping the cache, cookies, etc.  Why should I have to do this for www.rogers.com and not for the multiple dozens of websites successfully accessed over several months?

Lastly, it's evident that the website suffers from issues most likely rooted in the webpage delivery framework software package or the site's caching device mechanism.  If I had responsibilities over that site, I know what I would have the web support team chasing instead of asking customers to continue to make unnecessary adjustments to seemingly commonplace interactions with public-facing online resources.

Take care.

Best regards ... Luv2Run

RogersCorey

I'm not attempting to jump to conclusions @Luv2Run, I'm just going by what you've written.

@Luv2Run wrote:

However, for reasons that escape my understanding, the root URL address for their homepage never seems to load when I try it access it on my computer or other devices.  

If it "never seems to load", then it's most likely a localized issue and we need to troubleshoot. If it does sometimes work, then please let us know. Understanding the frequency at which it fails to load is important info.

If it truly never works, then please troubleshoot with us. Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

DPinxton
I've been around

I came here for help after 10 minutes of the 'rainbow fingers' tapping trying to log into my account. Tried incognito window, same null response. It's always several minutes at least. No problems logging in here though (Rogers forum) using the same credentials. There's literally not one other webpage I know of where this problem exists, and it's systemic. Maybe it senses that I'm trying to cancel my Crave subscription?

Greetings @DPinxton!

Are you still having issues with logging into www.rogers.com today? Have you tried an alternate browser as of yet?

Regards,

RogersCorey

GFC1
I've been around

for over 3 hours, I Have tried all those workarounds with a Samsung Tablet S2 It will not load ANYTHING to do with Rogers no email through Yahoo, loaded the Rogers app nope no go, went to myRogers, rogers members bla bla blah, nope, will not load the password input page. it WILL load any other page on the internet????

Good day @GFC1,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for bringing this up to our attention!

We most definitely want to help you access the Rogers apps and web pages. May I ask whether you're experiencing issues with any other wireless devices besides the Samsung S2 tablet?

The reason why I am asking is because there might be an update needed to your operating system to ensure that every app version is compatible with that device.

It would be very useful if you could confirm whether you've gone through any troubleshooting steps since noticing this problem on your Samsung tablet.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 in conversation