cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new email to my account... help!

DanaKorba1
I've been around

I am trying to add a new email to my account and every single possible password configuration I try says invalid account . I am about to scream! Please help and before anyone suggests...I realize you must have a capital letter, lower case, and two special icons one being a number or symbol as well as it being a minimum of 7 characters!!\Thanks  in advance

***EDITED LABELS***

33 REPLIES 33

Re: Adding a new email to my account... help!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I had a problem a while back trying to create one as well.. i think something is buggered on the creation thing 😞

I called in to have them create it for me.

unun4848
I plan to stick around

I am having this exact same problem today.

Hello @unun4848,

Thank you for your post. Are you also receiving the "invalid account" error? Is the error specific to today or have you run into this before too? Have you had a chance to contact us to help create an email for you?

RogersZia

unun4848
I plan to stick around

Thanks. It has worked since.

I'm having the same problem.Perfectly fine passwords (and username being used), but keeps coming back as "invalid account". Very frustrating.

Hey @scmackenzie,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forum!

I hope, like @unun4848, your issues with setting up your account has since been resolved? If not, if @unun4848 be so kind to share your resolution with the Community and scmackenzie?

RogersCilio

unun4848
I plan to stick around

I simply tried the same thing again the next day and it worked.

lenh
I've been around

I have had the same problem all the time  what a pain  rogers need to fix this considering the cost of their services 

Hello, @lenh.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for joining this conversation and for the feedback. If you are still looking to add a secondary email address to your account; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm having the same issue today. 

Can someone please help me. I'm getting an "invalid account" error after I know I'm meeting all the password criteria.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@egalley : Please follow the instructions in post 10 of this thread.

vcsosa
I've been around

Assuming you are using Microsoft Edge browser and you are getting "invalid Account" error and pointing it back to "Password" field - change your browser to Firefox or try Chrome.

Wirelezz
I've been here awhile

Same here

Days invalid around , creating email account is a headache . Can’t create one 

DapperFoxtrot
I've been here awhile

October of 2020 and they still haven't resolved this? Wow.

Used Edge, Chrome, AND Firefox. Complete failure.

Yeah, I can call in and have them make the email for me. Why have a portal to manage my email accounts when it doesn't work??? Goofy.

Good evening @DapperFoxtrot

Thank you for your post! I totally get why you may need an additional email address and we want to help you resolve the problem preventing you from doing so.

Except trying alternative browsers what troubleshooting steps have you tried after getting that error message?

I understand you are looking to resolve this on your own. However, it's difficult for us to know for sure what may be happening without being able to diagnose the issue with you. For instance, it could either be that you have maxed out the number of email addresses allowed or that you are trying to create an additional email address while logged in with a secondary account.

Have you made sure there was no incorrect characters or accidental space at the end, for example?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

playerx2020
I've been here awhile

You're just doing your job, so I won't take insult from your basic troubleshooting steps.

I signed into the account holder's email, went to the email management, and attempted to setup a 3rd email account (well within the limit). I made no such typos, as you describe. I made multiple attempts on different devices (and browsers, as previously described).

This is a clear cut programming issue that needs to be resolved by your backend developers, so please refer this issue to the appropriate department (some broken JavaScript function somewhere, more than likely). People should be able to create email accounts with ease. Your call center is busy enough with billing issues.

Appreciate your help. Thanks!

Good evening @playerx2020,

Thank you for joining this conversation. We value your feedback greatly and we'll make sure to forward it to the team in charge. 

If you are still looking to add a secondary email address to your account; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps and we'll be able to help. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Thanks so much!

RogersMaude

playerx2020
I've been here awhile

I reached out via Rogers live chat.

They directly connected to my computer (because they didn't believe me when I said it's clearly broken code giving the error)...it didn't work ('invalid account'). Then they tried at their end on their own machine, presumably at the call center. Still no success ('invalid account').

He opened a ticket and forwarded it to his 'engineering' department, and told me to expect a text message notifying me when the issue was resolved. I received a text message today saying that they could not resolve my IgniteTV issue...IgniteTV...what on bloody Earth?

The only way you can help anyone with this problem, is to contact the tech lead in charge of web applications for Rogers such as this email management portal, and bring it to their attention. Somebody isn't error checking their code when updating the platform.

Meanwhile, I'm going to be researching how to setup my own email server so that I can just forgo using Rogers email service. I've already had to deal with them "accidentally" deleting my email account out of nowhere a couple months ago, and then had to spend hours on hold to get it back. This is not an issue to be solved by forum moderators or front-line call center workers. This isn't something listed in an internal information guide, it's far above that.

Unfortunately, if you don't know any backend programming such as php, MySQL, you're better off just notifying the appropriate team with the expertise to fix it.

Let us all know when it's fixed so that we can go back to accomplishing this simple operation. Please and thank you so much!

Michael_E
I've been here awhile

I too am having the same issue, i.e., "Invalid Account" message to my proposed password, when trying to create a secondary account.  I have no other account apart from my main email address and followed all the instructions for password creation.  Incidentally, I change my password every once in a while for my other Rogers logins without any difficulty at all.  It's just this page that is causing me problems.  How will Rogers address the problem, apart from exhorting me to "wait a day and try again"??  

Hello, @Michael_E.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for joining this discussion, and it can frustrate to keep getting the “Invalid Account” error while creating a secondary email address.

The issue could relate to a browser add-on or extension preventing a pop-up confirmation etc., during the secondary account creation. Which browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser?

You can also try Chrome’s incognito window or Firefox’s private window to see if you can successfully create the secondary email account.

Please keep us posted on the outcome.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats