cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XB6 Modem blocking Apple downloads and updates on my iPad

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

I came across an interesting issue with the XB6 this morning.  I tried to update some apps and do an Apple update on my iPad and when I click the update, it just sits there at requesting.  I am able to browse the web so I know I am connected.  

Looking at the settings on the XB6, I made sure that my devices are not being filtered via MAC Address and lowered the firewall settings for both IP4 and IP6 and that too didn't allow the updates to come through.

As a hunch, I enabled the hotspot on my phone and connected the iPad to it and the updates came though right away.  

Has anyone else experienced this and can provide some suggestions on how to get past this?  My old white CODA modem (which I traded in to get the Rogers Ignite service) never had this problem.

Thanks

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: XB6 Modem blocking Apple downloads and updates on my iPad

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor
I found that some firewall settings were causing the problem. I will keep an eye out on it

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersMaude

Good afternoon @Alex4161,

Thanks for your post! Getting the latest updates installed on any electronic device is important.

We haven't had reports of users experiencing this specific issue with Ignite TV on an Apple iPad. Have you tried to reboot the iPad before trying using your data hotspot? Did you reboot the gateway before using the mobile network connectivity?

If it happens again, we'd like to help identify whether the issue is caused by the iPad or the Rogers Wi-Fi connection.

Anybody in the Community encountered this issue? If so, how'd you resolve it? Let us know!

RogersMaude

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@Alex4161 

Have you tried changing the IPV6 settings on the XB6, specifically disable stateful ipv6 DHCP server and only use stateless /autoconfig. It's worth a shot to try, other than that make sure if you use ignitewifi.rogers.com to disable protected browsing as it might be blocking apple's servers by accident

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor
I found that some firewall settings were causing the problem. I will keep an eye out on it
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation