cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the old Champion URC2125 remote with Ignite Xi6-T box

theClubHopper
I'm a senior contributor
I finally migrated to Ignite yesterday! We got the Xi6-T entertainment boxes with XR-15v2-RQ voice remotes, which are admittedly quite nice, albeit the buttons are a bit stiff. (Do they loosen up with use?) Anyhow, I had an old Champion URC2125 (https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/champion-plus-urc2125/?product-provider=365 - the one with "RF" on the back) and wondered if it would work with the new box, and it DOES. Only... via line-of-sight IR, and not point-it-anywhere RF.

I tried to pair and re-pair the Champion remote with the Xi6-T using its old instruction, (unpair) hold SETUP + DOWN until the light flash repeatedly then stop, (pair) hold SETUP + UP until the light flash repeatedly then stop, my Champion remote's lights keep flashing for about 30 seconds, then stop, without being RF paired.

6+ years ago, when the RF remotes were new to me, I did some experimenting with advanced (undocumented) programming of them and I do remember having one remote that could not be RF-paired following execution of the remote's factory reset command. So, I wonder if that's what's going on with this one - or, whether anyone here who's on Ignite but still happens to have an old Champion around the house can try pairing it and confirm whether it does actually work or not.

***Edited Labels***
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Using the old Champion URC2125 remote with Ignite Xi6-T box

RogersJermaine

Hi @theClubHopper,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Ignite Services so far; we do hope you enjoy it. We do have dedicated remotes for the Ignite services that you will be able to use. For something like the Champion URC2125, we do have the Large Button Ignite Remote that is RF capable and will still allow you to use voice commands. You can find out more about it here.

I hope this information helps!

RogersJermaine

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@theClubHopper Looks like the URC2125 supports RF4CE, which is the same RF protocol that the Ignite Voice Remotes use.  However, I have not seen reports of anybody being able to use the the Champion remote to control to control an Xi6 or an XiOne set-top box.

Not_A_Tech
I've been around

@theClubHopper I joined just to ask this question can you please tell me step by step how you got the champion remote to work with the ignite box?? I just had to switch my mother over to ignite from her digital box only because it died and she is early stage dementia and I unable to teach her how to use a new remote. I have no clue how Roger remotes work or technology as a whole for that matter but if you could walk me through this you would be a life saver!

Thank you inadvance!

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

As he said he never got the Champion to work with the Ignite TV.

If you do not like the XR-15 remote like many people do not, I suggest you check web sale sites for Xr-11 remote. Much better and larger buttons. I picked up 2 off of ebay for $25/each. Yes also check out the Large button voice remote.

https://www.rogers.com/support/iptv/how-to-use-large-button-remote-ignite-tv

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation