cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Refresh Failure

schmidtp
I plan to stick around

Well, not failure. It has been a very long time that System Refresh has not worked. I have waited on the phone but gave up.

I had a tech here once and he pushed buttons on my remoite and it went into system refresh (not the A button, or in settings or help)

What is the combinations of buttons to get system refresh (not Restart).

***Added Labels***

16 REPLIES 16

Re: System Refresh Failure

RogersCorey

Good morning @schmidtp!

Is there any reason in particular that you're looking to do a system refresh? What sort of issues are you experiencing with your services? Please let us know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

schmidtp
I plan to stick around

A number of small issues and was told to do a system refresh as it apparently checks the system as opposed to just the set top box.

Besides, the question still is why is it not working? It is there to use but a box comes up and says it does not work and to call Rogers.

Hi @schmidtp,

Thank you for your reply. Could you tell us more about the issues you're experiencing?

From your Ignite Entertainment box you can try a System Refresh – which is a multi-check, self-help tool that can fix common issues.

1. Press the A button (triangle button) on your voice remote to open the help menu.
    • If your voice remote doesn’t have an A (triangle) button, you can also access the Help menu with the voice command “Help”.
  2. Under Troubleshooting, select System Refresh.
  3. Select Refresh Now.
  4. Once the System Refresh is in progress, don’t unplug or turn off any of your Ignite Entertainment boxes. They will automatically reboot during this process.
  5. Once the System Refresh has completed, and your Ignite Entertainment box is back up, try the app once again.

Keep in Mind: Doing a System Refresh may reboot all Ignite Entertainment boxes automatically and your service and recordings will be interrupted for up to 10-20 minutes. So, you may only want to complete this step when it’s most convenient. Also, make sure not to unplug the Ignite Entertainment boxes while the System Refresh is in progress.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For the past few months, if I try to do a "Restart your Gateway" using the Home Connect app, I get a message about the restart, however, if I click the "got it" icon that comes up on screen, I receive a message "We're having trouble with that, please try again later" with a "Try Again" icon.

Despite the above error message, you can see the gateway rebooting and if you turn on your boxes, you will also see a "refresh" taking place there.

So, although the restart/refresh is taking place, the message on the app is totally incorrect. It should say "this restart will take 12 minutes" or something like that, but for the past few months, that has not been the case for me and I have the latest version of the Home Connect App.

So, although restarts/refreshes are being done, the feedback from the system is incorrect.  The refresh will also take place if you don't click on "got it" near the start of the refresh process...

@CommunityHelps : Please correct this process so we get the correct message instead of an error message.

schmidtp
I plan to stick around

So, i did what you recommended.

The message "Sorry We are havign some Trouble"

"System Refresh service i n't working at the moment. Please give us a few minutes and try again.or try a restart. If you are still having a problem issue plea cal 1-888-Rogers1"

This has been like this for months.

I have asked how to do this manually or alternatively as your recommended action because it does not work.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@schmidtp : 

1. Have you tried using the Home Connect app to restart the gateway/modem, which usually refreshes everything - as I outlined in my most recent post in this thread?

2. Normally there will be a pattern of lights on the modem/gateway that confirms the restart. For example, my XB7 gateway is usually white when operating properly, but the light changes to Orange, then green, then back to white during the restart procedure, which can also be initiated by unplugging the modem/gateway for a few seconds, then plug it back in.

It's also possible to simply unplug/replug the TV box(es) and have them reboot on their own, but don't do this while doing the restart procedure for the gateway/modem.

The procedure usually takes from 5-12 minutes.

schmidtp
I plan to stick around

As I understand, system refresh is for Ignite TV and it does more than just reset the set top box. Yes, I have unplugged the box and plugged it back in.

I have also unplugged the main modem and plugged it back in but thati s supposedly only for the wifi and does little for Ignite TV.

The System Refresh in Help and all message indicates it does not work and when the Rogers number is called they do not know why or when it will be fixed of back.

Am I the only one that sees this message?? Is system refresh working for everyone else??

If you would kindly provide us some actual details on the issues you're experiencing @schmidtp, we'll be able to tell you if a System Refresh is even necessary. 

A System Refresh is typically only necessary in circumstances where you're unable to view content that you're subscribed to. For instance, you're getting an error message that you need to subscribe to a channel that you currently subscribe to.

Regards,

RogersCorey

schmidtp
I plan to stick around

I had an issue of not being able to delete Crave from my favourites after I cancelled Crave.

Eventually Rogers sent a twch to fix it an dit seemed I had to re subscribe, cancel it off favourites and then cancel again. Go figure LOL.

Anyway, the tech said when I have issues I should do a System Refresh. But, it does not owrk and I get a message as I indicated in an above post.

So, the small issue I have is I have  a channel as a favourite and it does not show up. I can select it if I put in the channel number but when II go to guide, it is not there and sends me to Chanel 2.  No big deal really but annoying so, I try system refresh and it says it is not functioning.

Point is, although a small and insignificant thing, something does not work and it should.

As I asked before, am I the only one that is having system refresh not working or is it Rogers wide, in Ontario? If I am the only one, then system refresh is theoretically supposed to repair and refresh Ignite not just on my set top box but at Rogers too.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@schmidtp : You didn't answer my question 1 in my previous post..  Have you used the Home Connect App to restart the Gateway/modem. Home page, scroll down to Restart Gateway. This will perform a complete system refresh as you can see the modem lights go through their sequence and if you turn on a box/TV, you'll see a message that a refresh (or similar) is taking place for the box(es).

That's the best you can do to solve any "normal" issues.  If you have other issues that are not solved by the above procedure, then you'll need to contact Rogers.  I'm not sure why the particular channel is not going "into" your favourites list.  Which channel/number is it?

schmidtp
I plan to stick around

I did say I unplugged the modem.  Are you saying that using the app does something different than unplugging?? It does the same thing as I see it.

Anyway. I did as you ask and used the Home Connect App and get this "You’ve caught us in the middle of a quick household update. We’ll be finished in a few minutes."   I waited 15 minutes and then shut down and retarted my TV.. No change.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you unplug a device, that device is rebooted, nothing else.  By utilizing the app, it reboots and resets all the devices in your home.

Again, you didn't state the name/number of the "problem" channel.

schmidtp
I plan to stick around

57, I do not think you understand the complaint. The problem with channels is immaterial.

The complaint is the System Refresh  comes up with the message ""System Refresh service isn't working at the moment. Please give us a few minutes and try again.or try a restart. If you are still having a problem issue please cal l1-888-Rogers1"

My question is not about channels, it is that why does this message come up and am I the only one getting this message?

This message has been coming up on my TV for months.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@schmidtp wrote:  The complaint is the System Refresh  comes up with the message ""System Refresh service isn't working at the moment. Please give us a few minutes and try again.or try a restart. If you are still having a problem issue please cal l1-888-Rogers1"

I get the same message as you with the box and, unlike the error message when using the the app (as I posted earlier), nothing happens when done with the TV box, it just goes back to the "Help - Tools" screen.

Perhaps a PM to @CommunityHelps  will get the issue fixed...

schmidtp
I plan to stick around

Thank you.

If you get the same message as I do, then it is a Rogers system wide problem and not just me.  

That was my initial question.

sammyb2
I've been around
I'm getting the same error - there is no error code

For me it comes up following a crash of the hey you app, it happens about every 20 minutes. And I can relaunch but it will just crash again

Error code on that is app-04036

Not sure that helps but it's what I've got
Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation