cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote turns tv on but not off

Benny12
I've been around

Rogers remote will turn Samsung TV on but not off. Have TV connected to older Yamaha receiver with optical cable (no HDMI a port available). Remote successfully controls volume. 

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Remote turns tv on but not off

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Benny12 : Go to the following website, click on the name of the remote you have and follow the instructions for setup - Add new TV for example.  Put in the make/model of your TV and then enter the code provided into the remote as directed in the instructions. The First code for Samsung is 12051. If that doesn't work, tell the instructions that you don't know the model of the TV  and it'll give you more codes to try.

https://www.urcsupport.com/rogers/

I'm assuming it controls the volume of the Yamaha AVR properly. Does it turn the Yamaha on/off?  If not, programme it the same way as the TV using the link above (add new audio).  Be aware that some Yamaha AVRs have discrete codes for on/off, which are typically visible on the original Yamaha remote. If the AVR has discrete codes, the IgniteTV remote will only turn the AVR on or off, not both.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Remote turns tv on but not off

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Benny12 : Go to the following website, click on the name of the remote you have and follow the instructions for setup - Add new TV for example.  Put in the make/model of your TV and then enter the code provided into the remote as directed in the instructions. The First code for Samsung is 12051. If that doesn't work, tell the instructions that you don't know the model of the TV  and it'll give you more codes to try.

https://www.urcsupport.com/rogers/

I'm assuming it controls the volume of the Yamaha AVR properly. Does it turn the Yamaha on/off?  If not, programme it the same way as the TV using the link above (add new audio).  Be aware that some Yamaha AVRs have discrete codes for on/off, which are typically visible on the original Yamaha remote. If the AVR has discrete codes, the IgniteTV remote will only turn the AVR on or off, not both.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 in conversation