cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording got cut-off early

littleha
I've been here awhile

I wanted to watch the 2024 Women's Pacific Four Rugby game that was aired on Saturday using On Demand.

It was an important game for Canada as the team with a win would become second in the world if they beat New Zealand for the first time in 18 games and win the series. The program ended with the game not finished which was extremely frustrating. This is not the first time this has happened to me but this one upset me. Luckily I was able to watch it today, Monday on TSN from start to end so it seems TSN has the technology to show programs right to the end. When will Rogers be able to do this?

**Labels Added**

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Recording got cut-off early

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm not sure if this was an issue with Rogers. Which channel was the on-demand programme on?  If it aired on TSN, they (owned by Bell) may have been the source of the issue, however, they may have fixed it (the recording) by Monday after receiving complaints regarding the missing end.

Edit - I'm not sure what would have happened had you set a recording for the game and extended the recording time as always recommended for live events (assuming this was a live event).  Sometimes, even for events that are not live, the timeslot in a guide may not be indicative of what is airing at the time.  For example, some programming that I record can be off by several minutes from what is shown on the guide. I always extend any sports events by as much as possible, or set "the PVR" to record the next event in the guide, depending on experience or channel, or event, or what length can be added, or how much I care about the event, etc.

Re: Recording got cut-off early

littleha
I've been here awhile

Thank you for the reply.

If I know in advance of a sporting event I PVR it and add 1.5 hrs extra afterward, useful for F1 often. This show was live and I noticed it on the guide half way through and instead of watching the remainder I selected restart to watch from the beginning. On Demand shows on TSN are usually only available on their website about 24 hours after broadcast. 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation