Netflix not Working, Error Code: APPS-04154

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Netflix not Working, Error Code: APPS-04154

Attempt to open the app and it says "Having trouble opening the app. Please try again in a few minutes" APPS-04154.

This has been going on since Friday at 8pm, it is now Saturday at 10am.

Rebooted the Xi6. It works on the other Xi6

Thnx

Bill

**Labels Added**

RogersLaura

Re: Netflix not Working, Error Code: APPS-04154

Hey there @Biollw!

Thanks so much for posting your concern! 

I know a lot of us utilize Netflix on a regular basis, myself included!! Sorry to hear you're experiencing some trouble accessing it from one of your Ignite boxes. Not cool. 😕

This happens to me every once in a while but normally it's fine after a quick reboot of the box. I did check to see if there were any known issues being reported and so far there aren't. 

Is anyone else having these issues on one or more of their Ignite TV boxes at the moment? If so, please do chime in! 

Happy holidays everyone!

RogersLaura

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw  You're not alone.  Two of my set-top boxes didn't seem to want to load apps today either.  First noticed with the Holiday Countdown app on one STB; Netflix and Holiday Countdown on another.  Power-cycling the modem followed by the set-top boxes didn't clear the problem.

I then tried loading a different app, the Prime Video app.  That worked... and then the other apps would load.  (Don't ask me why the trick of loading a different app "fixes" the problem of another app not loading.)

Also not good: ALL previous progress on the Holiday Countdown app on ALL set-top boxes got reset completely.

Biollw

Nope no such luck, still same result.

Blankis
I've Been Around

Hi I’m sorry experiencing the same issue with Netflix on my ignite box. Already reboot the box and it’s not working. Netflix works perfectly in all my other devices. Any advice here?

RogersMoin

Hello @Biollw@Blankis,

I don't see other reported incidents for the Netflix app that you are encountering. A search for the error you're getting leads to Netflix Help Center, which suggests restarting the device. You can also try the Reset Netflix option. If the error persists, then please PM us so we can submit a ticket for you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw  APPS-04154 is just the generic error for an app not being able to load.  You'll also see it if you try to load the currently unreleased DAZN app.  (Issue the "Da zone" voice command.)  However, this should not be happening with Netflix.  If power cycling your modem followed by your STBs doesn't fix it, try doing a "System Refresh" and then, if necessary, try "Reset Netflix".  (These are both in Settings > Help)

Netflix works fine for me.  As for my issues with some apps not loading/not working properly, this is looking more and more like a problem that I reported a few months ago that never really got resolved by tech support.

Biollw

Yes tried reboot modem and stb and still failed. Went out for the afternoon and got back at supper time and it finally worked.

Ddeveau
I've Been Here Awhile

Happened at least frigging 10times a day everyday....every single time I try to open App. About to cancel subscription, either Netflix fix...or Rogers. Already getting Provider quotes to eliminate both!!
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ddeveau  Netflix is working fine for me.  The Netflix support page says that you should be able to fix this by rebooting the Ignite set-top box.  I presume that you have already tried to do this countless times.

If that does not work, try to reset the Netflix app.  Press the "A" button on your remote to access the Help screen, then press the right arrow to get to "Reset Netflix".  After you do this, you will need to log into Netflix again.

If that still does not work, try rebooting your Ignite modem by power-cycling it.  Wait for the modem's status LED to turn solid white, then reboot your Ignite set-top box.