cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Default Startup Channel on Rogers Xfinity/Ignite Xi Box

Davidbq
I've been here awhile

I recently started using Rogers Xfinity/Ignite TV and was pleased to find the Default Startup Channel feature on our new Xi box, as it was one of my favourite features on the digital boxes. However, this feature doesn't seem to work as expected.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. Navigated to Settings > Preferences > General > Default Startup Channel and set the Default Startup Channel to 24 CP24HD by entering the channel number and selecting it as the default. The setting does show 24 CP24HD as the selection.
  2. Ensured that Last Channel Watched is not selected.

Despite these steps, the issue persists. For example, if I change the channel to 26 using the Xfinity/Ignite TV remote and turn it off using the Rogers Xfinity/Ignite remote, both the TV and the Rogers box turn off as expected. However, when I turn it back on using the Xfinity/Ignite TV remote, the channel displayed is 26, not 24. I've tried waiting between 1-4 hours, but the feature still doesn't seem to work.

Here are the additional steps I've taken to resolve the issue:

1. Restarted the Rogers Xfinity/Ignite device by pressing A on the remote and selecting "Restart."
  2. Performed a System Refresh by pressing A on the remote and selecting "System Refresh."
  3. Tried saving a different channel as the default.
  4. Tried setting Last Channel Watched, turning the box off and on, and then setting the Default Startup Channel to 24 CP24HD.

Both of my Rogers Xfinity/Ignite boxes exhibit this behaviour. Is there a way to fix this?

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Issue with Default Startup Channel on Rogers Xfinity/Ignite Xi Box

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The startup channel feature doesn't work properly on Rogers.  I tried it a while back. It will go to the startup channel you set upon reboot only - which is useless.  See link below where I reported this issue previously:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Xi6-t-default-power-on-channel/m-p/527894/highlight/...

Re: Issue with Default Startup Channel on Rogers Xfinity/Ignite Xi Box

Davidbq
I've been here awhile

@57 

Thanks, I’ve filed a complaint with the Office of the President regarding this issue not being resolved.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation