cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite services

Cristina1971
I've been here awhile

We've switched to Ignite services and have been trying to set up the boxes and connect the phone since Tuesday March 19th.  When the technician came on Friday, he couldn't register the boxes because Roger's system was down so we were told.  He called back to reschedule for Sunday at 10-12 but then never called back to confirm.  We called Rogers and we were told an appointment had been made that evening from 6-8pm without notifying us.   The technician never showed. 

We called back yesterday Monday the 25th and we were told again an appointment was booked for the evening at 6-8pm without advising us.  We then waited considerable time to get a customer service manager on the phone.  He advised the issue was only with our household due to the way our account was set up for the Ignite plan.  So we understood the issue was not an outage in the area but only an issue with our account and that it would be resolved in several hours. 

On that same Monday, we were contacted by a Tech supervisor in the area. He came and was able to get the new internet ignite box up and running but the phone line which is still connected to Bell and the Ignite TV is still not connected. He advised us that the issue is not just with our household but is an ongoing outage/provisioning issue in the area.  

It's now Tuesday the 26th and we are still in the dark about our Ignite services after speaking yet again with another Roger's agent. This time we were advised the provisioning issue would take 7 days to resolve. We then spoke with another manager of the tech team who advised the issue would typically take 24-48 hours. 

In an attempt to clear up the confusion, we tried to confirm if the issue wasn't a temporary one since resolution in 7 days seems to indicate it's actually a severe incident involving many households. He admitted this was the case so I asked myself how can it be resolved in 24-48 hours or in any of the other time frames we were given?  

At this point, we have the new Ignite internet but the TV and telephone are still running on the old system.  It would be nice to get this resolved or at least be given updates so we aren't left hanging.  My family has been with Rogers for over 40 years and we've paid our bills like clockwork.  They take our money and want it on time but when providing good service they don't deliver. 

Has anyone else been having these issues in Etobicoke?  If there's someone from Rogers that can provide us with accurate information, it would be helpful:). Thank you.

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite services

Cristina1971
I've been here awhile

Hello, 

Thank you very much for your reply. 

Fortunately the issue was resolved last week. We have all Ignite services working now.  

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersCorey

Good afternoon @Cristina1971,

I understand that this situation is not ideal, especially for a loyal customer such as yourself. Please allow me to extend my apologies for this ongoing situation.

If you haven't received any updates regarding the status of your ticket, please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Cristina1971
I've been here awhile

Hello, 

Thank you very much for your reply. 

Fortunately the issue was resolved last week. We have all Ignite services working now.  

Regards

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation