cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV issues with Netgear Router

MIKE__C
I've been here awhile

Hi everyone,

I have an XB7 modem and Ignite TV and Internet.  For several years I have placed my modem (this one and prior my XB6) in Bridge mode and used first an Asus router then a Linksys mesh.  Both had IPv6 enabled and I had no issues with Ignite TV.  The Asus ran a little slower with IPv6 enabled but the Linksys was perfect.

I recently purchased a Netgear RS700 Wifi 7 router and cannot get the TV to work properly unless I disable IPv6 and just run IPv4. If I do then everything works great.  If I enable IPv6 ( based on the config from the forum here) then when you start the TV, the sound is fine but you get the 3 dots and a black screen for a minute or so, then it says the channel is not available.  I click try again and a minute or so later it works and works fine until I shut it off for at least  15 minutes or so.  Then it starts again.

I have tried everything I can think of.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

**Labels Added**

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ignite TV issues with Netgear Router

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MIKE__C I don't know what to say.  Rogers sells Ignite Internet and Ignite TV as a turnkey solution and expects you to run on their hardware.  They won't stop you from installing 3rd-party hardware but if it doesn't work, you are on your own.

Is it only Ignite TV that is breaking or do you have a problem with broken (or partially-broken) IPv6 connectivity with all of your devices?

Since this is a new product (new hardware platform, new chipsets, new software, new everything) I would advise contacting Netgear's tech support for troubleshooting tips.

Failing that, you can try putting your Netgear mesh into "AP mode" and run your Ignite Gateway in "gateway mode" (i.e. Bridge Mode disabled) and run the gateway with its internal Wi-Fi disabled to see whether that improves stability.

It's also possible that you could be experiencing interoperability issues between your Ignite Entertainment boxes and the Wi-Fi 7 hardware.

Re: Ignite TV issues with Netgear Router

MIKE__C
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the response.  Everything else worked perfectly.  That was why it took me several days to figure out what was broken.  IPv6 access was good,  I ran several tests and there were no other problems.  The Linksys was a mesh and I needed it to access several cameras outside.  The Netgear is doing everything with a strong signal and has been stable.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation