cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Service

HalfMoon
I've been here awhile

My Ignite TV connection won't stay connected. I'll be able to watch for 5-10 minutes before my tv just shuts off and restarts every few minutes. My modem for the internet is upstairs and the connection bar is excellent. 

I have tried repowering/restarting the tv modem and wireless modem. It just doesn't seem to work.

I've called in to Rogers and have had the tv channel box reset but still the connection doesn't stay long.

I just can't seem to watch longer than 10 minutes...

I can use my wifi services with no interruptions.

***Added Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ignite TV Service

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@HalfMoon : Have you used the HomeConnect app to check your WiFi connections, troubleshooting, strength, etc?

Have you gone into box Settings - Rogers - Settings - Device Settings - Network to see what it says about your signal strength there?

Is the TV actually turning off, or simply going to black screen?

HalfMoon
I've been here awhile

Yes, I've tried using the HomeConnect app. The wifi strength is still strong there are no outages. I've also troubleshoot and restarted and rebooted my modem. I know my wifi connection is great. My other devices such as mobile and laptop is connected. The TV box isn't assigned to any person on the app, so there's no restrictions

The TV box setting network setting states excellent. Although this time I had the TV running for a few minutes I got an error sign that said RDK-03117, before it was just a black screen with no error sign. My TV stayed on and it wasn't on standby mode either and the tv modem box the light was a solid white.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

RDK-03117 indicates that there is a problem with your Internet connectivity and your Ignite set-top boxes are unable to communicate properly with back-end systems.  (e.g. partially broken IPv6 connectivity). Normally these problems can be cleared by rebooting your modem/gateway.

Are you using any 3rd-party network equipment on your home network or are you in a standard configuration, using only Rogers-supplied equipment?

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation