cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channels

Flavour1
I plan to stick around

Anyone experiencing what we are since last fall with our Ignite Flex 10.

we keep our channel guide preference on “ Free To Me” so we can see when Free Previews are available. 
We will get 4 Timeshift channels from CTV ( Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver.) Also we will get NBC, CBS, FOX, ABC and PBS ( timeshift) along with CW, MyTV (Buffalo) and PBS Detroit timeshift.

This will go on for a couple of weeks disappear and reappear again for another few weeks. We don’t subscribe to these packages or channels.

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Channels

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's a similar thread on a similar topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Flex-20-American-channels-now/m-p/520178/highlight/t...

It looks like Rogers doesn't have their act together on some of these channels like Timeshift or the "Prime Time Pack" and people see them for a while and then they're gone again.  What a mess since the changes November 1, 2023.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

It looks like Rogers doesn't have their act together on some of these channels like Timeshift or the "Prime Time Pack" and people see them for a while and then they're gone again.  What a mess since the changes November 1, 2023.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this is probably a side-effect of Rogers going through the process of integrating and migrating Shaw BlueCurve and Rogers Ignite customers to a common back-end platform.

I don't think that the new packages, introduced back in November, are causing this particular issue... at least they shouldn't be.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- : You could be right about that, but Rogers is creating a pretty big mess for its customers due to a lack of proper programming (channels, etc) on its website and in the actual implementation of channels and guide to its customers.

It's chaos that should not be there.

Flavour1
I plan to stick around

For anybody looking for a few extra channels that aren’t included in your TV Package ( ei. Starter or Low channel count on Flex packages)  these are available via their app from the App Store without a sign in:

CP 24 Live

CTV News Channel Live

Yes TV (3 feeds Live- ) Toronto, Edmonton and Calgary

Global TV 5 Live feeds Maritimes,Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver. These aren’t their news channels either.

CBC Gem - 14 Live Feeds, from coast to coast and Explore, Comedy and Olympic channels.

Flavour1
I plan to stick around

Why is CFTO ( CTV) Toronto grouped with the Canadian Time shift channel package.

yet all other Toronto channels are carried on Ignite.

- CBLT, Global, City TV, Omni Tv, TVO

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation