cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ App

TRD2300GT
I've been around

hi everyone

Does anyone know if Rogers will have an App to view Disney+, the same way is have a Netflix App?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Disney+ App

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's here!  The Disney+ app is finally available!

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TRD2300GT  This would be a good question to submit to the Ask an Expert: IGNITE TV Part II event.

Folks have been asking about the possibility of a Disney+ X1 App (in the Xfinity forums, Twitter...) but so far there has not been an official response from Comcast or from Disney.

Nkali
I've been around
Make this happen

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

IF they are able to do it, it could be a MAJOR selling point for people getting rogers.
(they have sort of confirmed that Amazon Prime is on its way already).

Many people are finding, that with Disney+, that its not available on ALL streaming devices/models.
Samsung TVs yes... but only 2016 or newer models.
ATV4+
Etc..
So while you may have a smart TV, other smart device (bluray, etc) they may not be able to get the Disney+ App.

Flexxin
I've been around
Rogers make it happen. Give us an update.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Flexxin wrote:
Rogers make it happen. Give us an update.

Just to set the right expectation, it is Disney, in conjunction with their technology partners, that first have to implement an X1 App to provide access to the Disney+ service.  Rogers can only ask them to do it, and Disney's willingness is also subject to their relationship status with Comcast... which is often "complicated".

canamera
I'm a reliable contributor
Given that Rogers only recently added the Amazon Prime app to ignite, I highly doubt we will see Disney+ being added anytime soon...you’ll be lucky if we get it anytime in 2020

davej13
I plan to stick around

For what it's worth I was on with Ignite Concierge yesterday to order Ignite and he did say they were actively working on getting Disney+ integrated.  No timeline though.

onelovempress
I've been around
All Rogers users will benefit from this service. As a Rogers customer I might have been convinced to cancel my tv plan until I heard about ignite with the apps it was like an android box for me. Now to keep all the technology in one easy place Disney + on there is essential. In this day and age of constant technological innovations this should have been done as soon as Disney plus came out it's a great multi- level marketing strategy that benefits Disney and Rogers equally. Rogers customers have an outlet to view Disney Plus if they don't have the latest TV model and it can encourage new subscriptions for Disney + . I say it's a win win. I want to be able to access everything I need from my Rogers Ignite TV. That will keep me paying per month just because that service is available at my fingertips. It's important to listen to what the customer wants and as for making the deal it all boils down to this: You don't ask, you don't get! Who has the gall up at head office to make this happen!!!!

davej13
I plan to stick around

I think there still needs to be a bit of work though with the existing integrations.  For example it doesn't seem to be able to tell what episodes I've already watched when using Netflix through the box.  I have to remember where I left off, unless I'm not doing something right.

Amen

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

If I go into the netflix app on my ignite tv then it remembers my watched episodes. But just going to the show via search it does not.

davej13
I plan to stick around

Ah OK thanks, I've just been searching it via the voice remote.

Smonty
I've been around

How can I add Disney plus on my tv Apps

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Smonty wrote:

How can I add Disney plus on my tv Apps

Currently, the only X1 apps that you can access on the Ignite TV set-top box are the ones that Rogers makes available.  Also, as far as I know, a Disney+ app does not even exist yet on the X1 platform, not even for Xfinity TV customers in the USA... which is likely where we'll see it first.

For other ways to access Disney+, go to https://www.disneyplus.com/ and click on "Ways to Watch".

dartvader
I've been here awhile

I fixed the by routing my Ignite through my xbox. My xbox has lots of Apps one being Disney+.

ChefMarc
I've been around
Yes please give me Disneyplus on Rogers ignite

JPB11
I've been around
This needs to happen!!!

Wsbrown
I've been here awhile
This discussion has been going on since Disney+ first announced, and it seems as though there is no real movement from Rogers on this.

janice2183
I've been around

I have the same question I have just hooked up with ignite & so far not finding it very user friendly & now I can't watch Disney + with out a fight???

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Rogers has very little to do with that is available. It is up to Comcast in the US to do something. Rogers licensed the entire platform from them and has very little to do with what apps are available.
Topic Stats