cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continue Watching…

Blade_27
I'm here a lot

How do I clear/delete shows listed under “continue watching”?

I’m no longer living with the one who watched these shows, I really don’t wanna continue to see these on my screen.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Continue Watching…

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Blade_27 wrote:

How do I clear/delete shows listed under “continue watching”?

I’m no longer living with the one who watched these shows, I really don’t wanna continue to see these on my screen.

If this is an Ignite TV program (e.g. under Saved / For You) you should be able to get rid of it by clicking the Info button on your remote, then scroll right and select Mark Unwatched.

If this is a program on a 3rd-party streaming service, it may or may not be possible to clear it... it all depends on how (or if) that particular service allows you to manage your watched program history.

Blade_27
I'm here a lot

Yes, it’s Ignite TV.

Selecting Mark “WATCHED” only chooses the episode, not the series. So the series (that I don’t want) remains as continue watching

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Blade_27 wrote:

Yes, it’s Ignite TV.

Selecting Mark “WATCHED” only chooses the episode, not the series. So the series (that I don’t want) remains as continue watching

No, you want to mark the episode UNWATCHED.  (I believe it's the Watched episodes that the recommendation engine uses when it generates what you see in For You.

Also, have any of these unwanted series been added to "Saved / My List" or Favourite'ed?

If Amazon Prime is contributing unwanted stuff to Continue Watching, you can stop this by going to "Settings / Privacy / Third-party App Watch History" and setting Prime Video to Off.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to clear the entire Watched history... and I truly wish that there was a way to do this.  I, personally, find recommended content to be a HUGE annoyance, not a help.  I actually go through the trouble of marking EVERYTHING that I can as Unwatched while I can.  e.g. marking recordings as Unwatched before I delete them as well as anything that I watch On Demand.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I never even go to that page.  I go to my recordings to see what I have recorded and available to watch, and my scheduled recordings to ensure that what I want recorded is scheduled - although I usually do that via the IgniteTV app, not the box...

If I want to continue watching a series, I use the voice command to get to the series and it'll remember what I've seen and what's next.

Blade_27
I'm here a lot
Okay so here’s where I’m at now.

I’ve had to go through the series I’ve wanted to get rid of episode by episode by episode of selecting “unwatched”. For the most part I’ve got what I wanted… with the exception of one series I just can’t seem to shake.

https://imgur.com/a/2HB94jH

I’ve selected unwatched for each and every episode but for one I still having it show up as continue watching

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Blade_27 That's probably because you have Watched episodes that are no longer available On Demand.  For now, all I can suggest is that you start watching TV as you normally would and, hopefully, you will start to see more appropriate recommendations in Continue Watching and the unwanted recommendations will go away.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation