cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast Ignite Errors

Baseball56
I've been here awhile

I've been having problems casting Rogers Ignite with Chromecast. When I try to cast I sometimes receive a message that no input can be found. Other times Ignite will begin to cast but Chromecast will freeze and I'll have to reboot it. I've tried this with my regular HD Chromecast as well as my Ultra Chromecast, with the same issue. I've also tried this on multiple TVs in the house. Anyone have any ideas? I'm wondering if it's a case of Ignite overwhelming the Chromecast devices.

**Labels Added**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Chromecast Ignite Errors

RogersMaude

Good day @Baseball56

Thanks for joining the Rogers Community! We most definitely want to help you reach a resolution with the Chromecast issue you've been experiencing.

Are you still getting the "No input can be found" error message, at this time?

While we do hope it is now fixed, it would be helpful if we could get a few additional details from you.

Was it previously working and it recently stopped or you have not been able to cast at all?

Have you performed any other troubleshooting besides trying different televisions in your home?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Baseball56
I've been here awhile
I've tried rebooting the Chromecast devices, as well as taking the Chromecast out of the HDMI input on the TV and then re-inserting it. This usually helps and the casting works, however a few hours later the same malfunction occurs. The casting will nearly always work, however at times it takes quite the effort to get it working.

I've never had any issues with casting from my device @Baseball56 but I've never tried it for a long period of time. I'm typically casting from my iPhone to my TV as a test during my troubleshooting. 

Have you kept track of how long it will cast before encountering an issue? I'm just curious if there's any consistency to the timing here. Do you have any other wireless devices close to the Chromecast device? IE. Wireless headphones, wireless subwoofers or a wireless surround sound system? 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation