cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing in

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I have my notifications saved as a bookmark to sign in to the forum. Now I'm seeing this:

"Your request is currently being processed"

request.jpg

At first it was just a flash, but now it just stayed and the only way I could sign in was to go to rogers.com

Anyone else seeing this?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
163 REPLIES 163

Re: Signing in

@RogersDarrell  I actually meant to say Field Trial (Origin Trial is a different thing... Sorry.) but if any of Google's random testing schemes are causing problems, resetting the Variation State should (usually) get you back into a default state, unless random chance strikes again.

This morning, I also noticed some weird issues with Vivaldi, which is an alternative browser based on Chromium and which should also not be affected by Field Trials.  (As far as I know, Field Trials only implemented on official Chrome builds.  In Vivaldi's case, I believe that they are also explicitly disabled in the code during the build process.)

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersDarrell  FYI, I am able to log in now using Vivaldi with content blockers disabled, and the site seems to be working normally as well.  I'll do some more testing later today with "remember me" set.

Looking at all of the 3rd-party cookies that get saved, I really want to make sure that I can still log in with Trackers blocked.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm still not seeing any e-mail notifications.  Today there was a relatively important PM that was sitting waiting without my knowledge until I logged in.  I don't usually log in unless I need to reply, whereas I check my e-mail several times a day.  Are other people getting e-mail notifications this week?  I believe the last ones I saw were dated August 22.

I'm also still having the cookie issue outlined in post 15 of this thread using Chrome on my Mac Mini.  It's not a big deal, just weird.  It just requires a few extra clicks to login, so I'm not going to stress about it, just saying...

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Questions-Suggestions/Signing-in/m-p/466154#M1458

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

I'm still not seeing any e-mail notifications.  Today there was a relatively important PM that was sitting waiting without my knowledge until I logged in.  I don't usually log in unless I need to reply, whereas I check my e-mail several times a day.  Are other people getting e-mail notifications this week?  I believe the last ones I saw were dated August 22.

Mine are still getting sent to Junk.  I tried marking EVERY "Community Mailer" email in my Junk folder as "Not junk" and that fixed things VERY briefly.  A few CM notification emails landed in my Inbox, then they all started going back into Junk again.

I'll try to find out if either the sender address or the IP addresses of the mail relays have been blacklisted.  Could also be a DMARC / SPF / DKIM-related issue.  I will also open a ticket with my email provider and report that the CM emails are being marked as junk in error.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Tried to sign in today (Sunday) and Community Forums went into an endless loop with Firefox. Deleted Rogers cookies, same thing.  Was able to sign in with my Chrome backup browser.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I had exactly the opposite issue. I couldn't sign in with Chrome in normal mode. I could sign in with Incognito mode. I deleted Rogers Cookies and Cache on Chrome and it's working again. Not sure why this forum is adversely affecting my cookies, but it could be the Chrome issue that @-G- mentioned earlier.  FF worked fine for me when Chrome wasn't working.  Didn't bother trying Safari.

Signing in with Chrome in normal mode still requires the extra steps I mentioned recently, just like Incognito mode.

Also, still not getting e-mail notifications.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

Not sure why this forum is adversely affecting my cookies, but it could be the Chrome issue that @-G- mentioned earlier.  FF worked fine for me when Chrome wasn't working.  Didn't bother trying Safari.

FYI, some additional changes landed in Chrome/Chromium 85 that have the potential to break complex sites.

Also, still not getting e-mail notifications.

Community Mailer notification emails are still landing in my Junk folder.  I opened a ticket with my email provider to investigate but my initial experience with them, so far, suggests that this will be a long, slow, painful, pointless ordeal.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

It's gone from bad to worse. Today I could not sign in with either Firefox or Chrome. They went into an endless loop after the email-password screen.  I tried the Silk browser on my newly acquired Amazon Fire 7 tablet and it just kept loading after I entered and tapped the email-password screen, so that doesn't work either. Next I went to rogers.com using Firefox, navigated to Community Forums and this thread and tried to reply here to see what happens after I click "post". Same thing, endless loop after the email-password screen.  But while anonymously in the Forum I did see  @57  say Chrome Incognito worked for him. So next I tried a Firefox Private Window, which didn't work, and finally Chrome Incognito, and here I am! This is the worse it's ever been in my memory, hardly worth jumping through all those loops to sign in, especially since I no longer Rogers Cable, just legacy talk anytime PayGo, which I seldom use. Oddly enough, I can still sign in with Firefox and see my PayGo call history and balance, so it's just Community Forums that's broken.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Signing in to Community Forums is still broken. I'm only able to do it using Chrome Incognito.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sign-ins are currently broken for me with Firefox 80.  If I sign in through the Community Forums page, the login completes successfully but the Forum does not show me as signed in.  If I go to www.rogers.com , that page shows me as signed in.

However, I am able to sign into the Forum with Chromium 84.  It also works with uBlock Origin installed and enabled.

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor

☹️Same problem as OLDYELLER. 

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I still could not sign into my forum notifications bookmark with Firefox, but I can sign into my PayGo balance. I then navigated to Community Forums at the bottom and clicked it, and here I am, still signed in!  A bit of a workaround, but at least I can use my default browser instead of Chrome Incognito.

jays77

🙄This signing in problem is getting very frustrating.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Things have improved a little bit with Firefox today. When I click my Forum Notifications bookmark and sign in, I still get a looping My Rogers page, but then when I click my PayGo balance bookmark (Bills & Payments), I'm in Community Forums. Rogers should really refrain from fixing what's not broken.

JakeyPrime
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

My sign ins seem to be stabling out, I can access my account and the forums via website, and directly through the main website; as well as the app itself. Seems like it's getting better!

jays77
No change for me. Using Chrome I can sign into all the Rogers sites except the forums. The only way I can sign into the forums is to use incognito. However, when using incognito I have to sign out of MyRogers before I can sign into the community forms.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm still not receiving the appropriate e-mail notifications.  I received one on September 4th, but I should have received dozens in the past couple of weeks since this issue started.

Although it's not a huge problem for me, just requires a couple of extra clicks, I still have to sign in as indicated in post 15 of this thread.  Something still amiss with the cookies in Chrome.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Questions-Suggestions/Signing-in/m-p/466154#M1458

FF works properly and remembers me...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have started receiving some e-mail notifications. Some of them were a few days old - for example, I received one on the 23rd dated the 20th, but some seem to be "on time".

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Outlook is still tossing all Forum notifications into Junk.  Could be due to a bad DKIM setup on the Khoros side.  I have been marking all of the messages as "Not Junk" in the hopes that this might make a difference with reputation scores.

Logins into the forum are working 99% of the time for me.  In the remaining 1%, I get logged into rogers.com but the Forum does not show me as logged in.  Not a browser issue; might be some changes being made on the server that would cause that one browser to fail from time to time.  Nothing seems to be breaking with Chromium 86 so far, which is also good.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My Outlook for Mac (365 subscription version) is leaving these in the inbox appropriately - nothing in Junk.  I'm now receiving e-mail notifications in a timely manner - a few seconds after the item occurs in the forum.  Do you have the latest Outlook client update?

I had to clear Rogers cookies (and cache) yesterday to use Chrome.  Couldn't even sign in using Incognito for a short while.  It did log me into MyRogers, so I logged out of there, but still couldn't login to the forum with Chrome for a while yesterday.  FF worked fine at the time. I can login using Chrome today, however, I still have the (minor) cookie issue as outlined in post 15 of this thread causing me to click a couple of extra times during the login process like I would when using Incognito.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

My Outlook for Mac (365 subscription version) is leaving these in the inbox appropriately - nothing in Junk.  I'm now receiving e-mail notifications in a timely manner - a few seconds after the item occurs in the forum.  Do you have the latest Outlook client update?

It's not a mail client issue.  For whatever reason, the Outlook server itself marks the notification emails as spam and keeps tossing them into the Junk Email folder, and I definitely don't have anything in my settings, anywhere, that could or would cause this to happen.  I'm trying to figure out how to decode the "X-Microsoft-Antispam-*" headers so that I can troubleshoot this further.

Topic Stats
  • 163 replies
  • 27 Likes
  • 13 in conversation