cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New interface for the Community.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I just signed in and and the interface has completely changed. Prettier, but less useful and difficult to navigate. What happened to the navigation panel on the right? How can I revert to the old interface?

*** Edited Labels/Title *** 

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
146 REPLIES 146

Re: New interface for the Community.

Hey @OLDYELLR!

Are you using a display in portrait mode, by chance?

I notice that my secondary computer monitor turned 90 degrees into portrait mode does not show "Forums" at the top but my regularly aligned monitor does. 

Viewing the forums on my phone also doesn't show the "Forums" link and I have to navigate by clicking the hamburger menu Image result for hamburger menu icon on the top left. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@RogersCorey wrote:

Hey @OLDYELLR!

Are you using a display in portrait mode, by chance?

I notice that my secondary computer monitor turned 90 degrees into portrait mode does not show "Forums" at the top but my regularly aligned monitor does. 

Viewing the forums on my phone also doesn't show the "Forums" link and I have to navigate by clicking the hamburger menu Image result for hamburger menu icon on the top left. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Nope, but I just discovered what my problem was.  I had my screen zoomed in too much for some reason and only had the hamburger menu at the top left.  When zoomed back to my customary 120%, I see Forums in the top menu bar. Sorry for the false alarm.

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor

Finally I can log into the Community Forms.  For me the old problems of a few months ago have returned.  For the past few days I tried using Chrome, Edge, incognito  etc.  nothing worked.   I just kept being sent back to MyRogers.  Tonight using incognito has finally worked.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have experienced issues (on and off) logging into the Community Forums lately as well.  I thought that this might have been due to enhancements to the privacy and tracking protection features in the web browsers that I currently use.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is definitely something different (and wonky) about the forums (and MyRogers) interface recently.  I have noticed that when I sign out of the forums, I'm still signed in to MyRogers. I see this at the top-right of the page after signing out.  Even when I sign out of MyRogers, I sometimes stay signed in and simply clicking the bookmark takes me into MyRogers without requiring the password popup.  If I'm signed in to MyRogers, I cannot sign in to the forums.

Often, the only way for me to sign in to the forums is to either clear my cache and Rogers cookies, or use a different browser, or Incognito mode.  

Something appears to be wrong with the way Rogers uses cookies again.  As I have mentioned several times before, this seems to be due to the fact that Rogers "connects" the Forums, MyRogers as well as the IgniteTV website, which often do not work properly if you've not logged out of other Rogers websites, or the cookies somehow become "wonky".  These should be treated as separate websites, to avoid these issues, but Rogers doesn't appear willing to do that.

It was happening again this morning.  Here again is my list of tips when you have issues with Rogers, or other websites.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Tips-for-Rogers-Websites-amp-Apps/td-p/49...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The cookie issue is also affecting my Webmail login.  I tried to login to an e-mail just now and was not able to get past the "Manage e-mail Accounts" page.  If I click on the "Mail" icon, I'm taken back to the same Manage e-mail Accounts page and not through to Webmail.  This was affecting some of my e-mail addresses and not others.

I cleared my cache and cookie associated with Rogers/Yahoo and was then able to get through to Webmail.

PS. When I sign out of this forum, I look at the top right of the Rogers landing page and sign out there as well (since I'm still logged in). It's two steps and may preclude the recent cookie issue, but even that's not guaranteed. 

Something has gone amiss recently. (again - like it does every few months)

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For me, the problems logging in coincided with Total Cookie Protection getting enabled in my Firefox installation.  I couldn't log into the Forum even after disabling all extensions and clearing all history, cookies and site data.  At the time, I also could not log in using Safari, Brave or Vivaldi either.  I was however able to log in with Vivaldi if I disabled its content blockers and used a Private Window.

As of today, things are working better, with all of the above browsers.  However there are still times where logins into the Forum fail and I can only log into the main Rogers.com page.  I presume that some site changes are in progress since things usually start working again later in the day.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am still having problems logging directly into https://communityforums.rogers.com/ using any browser with functional tracking protection.  With Safari, I can get in if I log into Rogers.com first, then click the Community Forums link... but that doesn't work with Vivaldi, Firefox and Brave.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@-G- wrote:

I am still having problems logging directly into https://communityforums.rogers.com/ using any browser with functional tracking protection.  With Safari, I can get in if I log into Rogers.com first, then click the Community Forums link... but that doesn't work with Vivaldi, Firefox and Brave.

I use Firefox and the only anomaly I see at the moment here is Rogers Resident Expert and Moderator signature graphics coming up as broken links, but I can see them if I open the image in a new tab. I have many add-ons on my Firefox, one of which is probably responsible for that. Firefox also recently added Enhanced Tracking Protection, which I went for, and now have to disable individually for each site if I think it's giving me trouble. I also find I can't submit product reviews on certain sites because I have an ad blocker on Firefox, so I just use plain old Chrome in those cases.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Now that the recent "Maintenance" activities have been completed, I can now log back into the Forums again, directly, with by usual content blockers enabled.

jays77

I can now login directly using Edge InPrivate but not logging into MyRogers then clicking on the Community link.  Guess I'll check and see if I can log in directly without going InPrivate

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CommunityHelps @RogersTim Looks like something, somewhere has changed again since my last post because I am now no longer able to log into the Forums with any browsers that have uBlock Origin (default filters) enabled or with any browsers (Vivaldi, Brave, etc.) that use the equivalent blocklists in their internal content blockers.  However, I can log in using Firefox and Safari, provided that I do not have any extensions enabled.

Even with Firefox (no extensions), the DevTools Console shows a ton of errors and warnings, and that content is also being blocked for violating the Content Security Policy.

As more browsers clean up their code to comply with standards (and to out-do their competition in privacy test suites such as https://privacytests.org) we'll see more breakage... and I don't think that it is realistic to expect users to relax their security posture so that site analytics and poorly-coded websites can still function... or worse, track them.

Edit: Correction -- I retested and experienced problems logging in with both Firefox and Safari.  (No extensions, default privacy settings.). Can't log in with Vivaldi either, even with all content blocking disabled.

jays77

Tonight I could sign in using Edge InPrivate browsing but not with my Chrome browser.  Last night I couldn't sign in using any method.  

Between the new format, the sign in problem and no indication that it will ever change makes this Forum  really most frustrating.    

And yet I keep retuning.🤔 

RogersTim
Administrator
Administrator

Hello Community,

Thank you for reporting the issues you've been experiencing logging into the Community, it helps us track down the root cause. We've updated the login/logout experience which should resolve the issues you've been seeing. If you're still experiencing problems, a final cache clear should remedy it. We appreciate your patience, as I know clearing your cache or trying other browsers is frustrating. 

If you're still seeing issues, please let us know.

Regards,

RogersTim

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am still unable to log into the Forums using Firefox 101.0 (no extensions) or with Vivaldi (with or without content blockers enabled in Privacy settings). I am currently logged in using Safari on macOS.

Last night, things were so badly broken that I could not even log into Rogers.com / MyRogers (using ANY browser in any configuration that I had installed on my Mac) to pay my bill.  I even got temporarily locked out of my account.  I then couldn't get in with the MyRogers mobile app on iOS either, and got temporarily locked out again for another 30 minutes.  I finally was able to log in (with Edge on Windows, using a Private window) but then my payment submission didn't work.  (I woke at 3 AM to see that my payment submission was still stuck). I tried again after my session had timed out and was finally able to pay my bill.

This is NOT good.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I was fine for about a week, but I always remembered to sign out of the forum and then sign out of the Rogers Landing page (since I'm usually still signed in there for some unknown reason).

Today I forgot to sign out of the forum and could not get back in, even using Chrome Incognito.  I cleared my cache, Rogers cookies, closed the browser and then I could sign in normally.

It's amazing that we regulars have to be put through this every few months, almost like clockwork.  These sorts of issues probably drive away a lot of non-regular forum visitors.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Things are working fine for me now as well.  I can also log in even when I have privacy/security extensions active and/or content blockers enabled.  I don't know whether the site admins fixed some problems or reverted some changes.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As an FYI, I tried a different computer last night (MacBook Air instead of Mac Mini) and could not sign in using regular Chrome.  I didn't bother with the cache/cookie clearing since it was not urgent.  My Mac Mini Chrome seems to be working OK this morning.

jays77

I have no problem signing into MyRogers to see my bill but I still can only sign in to the Forums with the Edge InPrivate browser.  Still no luck getting to the Forums with Chrome.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, things are b0rked again.  I can sign into the Forums with Edge on Windows, but only if I disable uBlock Origin or use an InPrivate window.  With Safari on macOS, I can log into Rogers.com but can't get logged into the Forums.

Hello Community, 

We appreciate you all for flagging the recent login issues that has been affecting some customers.

We're aware that customers have been unable to login to the Community today. Our teams are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

Topic Stats
  • 146 replies
  • 56 Likes
  • 15 in conversation