cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Samina

Really? That's no good. Seems like they don't have enough Blue ones out there and have tons of silver and black ones.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006 @wpd1 @phonefan

I read on Twitter someone complained that the green battery indication violated the Android google docs. Google responded saying they worked with Samsung for this. Then there are tons of tweets undernesth saying how it looks bad and how they need to change it to white again lol. Some people either don't think or something..

https://mobile.twitter.com/lockheimer/status/778029092104876032

wpd1
I plan to stick around

What's painfully obvious is that Samsung Engineering is working hard at coming up with solutions and implementing them, while Samsung leadership is sitting on their hands and not communicating with anyone as to what Engineering is doing. And then, once they realize they should communicate, they leave Samsung Canada out of the loop. Samsung Canada must be the black sheep of the Samsung family.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

The good news is that Samsung Canada need not focus any time or attention towards being voted one of Canada's 100 best managed companies... They can safely devote their time and money towards other things.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Agreed with that. I was reading that Google had to give Samsung special permission to have the green battery indication on the device as it violates the Google docs for Android. There is a white border around the battery too for this. Samsung engineers are doing an amazing work trying to fix this mess but as u said their head office and management seems lazy here in Canada

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Don't use Google docs much but just tried opening a spreadsheet and didnt get any issues so looks like fix implemented before the update rolled out to us.

Also my other phone charged to 100% so looks like they didn't limit the charge yet.

@wpd1 I wonder what happens if you register for the exchange program again with your old or new phone?

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Tried to register again and it wouldn't let me.

comcry
I plan to stick around
Where did you hear that there will be no blue phones. 😭

Oops I see it was an email. Can I assume it was from Samsung. This is so disappointing. This situation only seems to get worse!!!

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

SO, I just got a call from Samsung Canada (came up saying potential Spam but answered anyways) and they asked to confirm I received my replacement Note 7 on the 15th I said yes. Then she said based on info from my carrier I exchanged my original Note 7 for a replacement device so I said yes. She wanted to confirm I got a refund on the Note 7so I said of course since I have a S7E now. I told her the Note 7 is still in box un-opened and she said she is shipping me a box with return label for me to ship that "Extra" Note 7 back.

Perfectly acceptable for me, I assumed this would happen anyways but am very surprised/impressed they are on the ball with figuring out this happened so soon after shipping the replacements and amongts all the chaos.

dale2
I plan to stick around
@Samina what did you mean for now are they gonna replace it twice. Like give u a black or silver and then a blue when they become available

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
Just dropped off my note 7 @ ubreakifix in Montreal and the guy only took the phone. I kept the box and all the accessories. Well i did bring the box empty. Lol...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mrnovanova

My buddy did that here in Toronto and they didn't say anything to him either lol

comcry
I plan to stick around
My prayers have been answered. A minimal movement forward. Just received an email from Samsung asking where I would like my device mailed (I initially chose to pick it up but I've been given the option through this email to change my selection to delivery...which I did). Fingers and toes crossed that I receive something by Friday!!

dale2
I plan to stick around
@comcry what color did you have?

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
Where r u located?

comcry
I plan to stick around
I had Coral Blue. From Toronto. Purchased initially from the Samsung Experience Store in Etobicoke.

ThePacas
I plan to stick around
I just receive the same email and i would like to change the delivery option too . May i ask you what did you wrote when you replied the email .( i just want to have a idea what i should reply)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ThePacas

Reply back saying which location which full address and name where you want to have it sent too instead of having it shipped to a store.

comcry
I plan to stick around
I responded to the email that I would like to have it delivered to my house. Gave my full address and put attention to (my name). And then (because I lack confidence) I also filled out the form and put the same information (not sure if this is a good idea - however, I sent emails to that address before and nvr received a response). Let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same.

comcry
I plan to stick around
Btw the form did not specify any location information. It only stated address and name. So I put my home address and name.

Roglebo
I plan to stick around

Hi!

I have not yet received my replacement.

But, this morning, I received an update on my actual Galaxy Note 7.

Now, each time I charge charge my phone, I get this warning :

Safety recall notice

You safety is our top priority and we ask that you power down your Note7 and exchange the device through the Canadian Product Exchange.

Please contact 1-800-517-3507 for more details.