cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Advanced

rweather
I'm here a lot
Is there any way to check if Rogers has LTE-A in my area?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: LTE Advanced

RogersMoin

Hello, @rweather

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. I appreciate your interest in LTE-A,  it will soon be rolling out all across the country.

Currently, LTE-Advanced is available in the following 12 cities:

• Vancouver
  • Edmonton
  • Calgary
  • Windsor
  • London
  • Hamilton
  • Toronto
  • Kingston
  • Moncton
  • Fredericton
  • Saint-John
  • Halifax

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RogersMoin

Hello, @rweather

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. I appreciate your interest in LTE-A,  it will soon be rolling out all across the country.

Currently, LTE-Advanced is available in the following 12 cities:

• Vancouver
  • Edmonton
  • Calgary
  • Windsor
  • London
  • Hamilton
  • Toronto
  • Kingston
  • Moncton
  • Fredericton
  • Saint-John
  • Halifax

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Ok, thanks for your help

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor

Aren't those the same cities LTE-A was initially launched in?  Why hasn't Rogers expanded LTE-A any further when your competitors have quite aggressively?

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

LTE+

this week i saw LTE+ light up in Oakville on my s8+. can Rogers comment on why and when can we expect it to go live everywhere?

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@kavkaz wrote:

LTE+

this week i saw LTE+ light up in Oakville on my s8+. can Rogers comment on why and when can we expect it to go live everywhere?

@kavkaz

LTE+ has been around for a while now. When I'm near the GTA I've seen it pop up.

As for going live everywhere, I think Rogers has it only in certain congested or popular areas where it helps. 

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
And yet Bellus covers 75%+ of the population with LTE-A. Couple that with quad band carrier aggregation and 256 QAM for 750Mbps peak speed, and you have to wonder why Rogers has been so slow to improve/expand their network. I see Bell performing tower maintenance and installing new sites around these parts quite frequently. I haven't seen work done to any Rogers sites here in well over a year.

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around
Still no LTE Advanced here in Montreal Qc and Bell have it all over the city. They also do not support the new Apple Watch Lte (esim) devices but Bell does... When Telus and Bell was cdma providers Rogers was the best carrier around and could of easily get away with missing features like this, but now that all carriers supports GSM Rogers cannot afford to let Bell/Telus get better than them at something they were first in... I feel like Rogers network is getting old and outdated...
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 in conversation