iPhone Visual Voicemail No Longer Offered?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

iPhone Visual Voicemail No Longer Offered?

I recently had my phone transferred from another family member's name to mine and the voicemail looks different.  When the phone was under the family member's name, my voicemail listed the numbers that called and I was able to listen to the messages without calling in.  There was a play button beside each number.  Now that ownership has changed, I get a keypad.  Is this a package thing? 

Thanks.

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: iPhone Visual Voicemail No Longer Offered?

Yup!

You yourself, likely only have REGULAR voicemail.

The iphones support VISUAL voicemail, but its a feature you have to subscribe to.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Does Rogers no longer offer the iPhone Visual Voicemail feature?  It seems only the crappy VVM+ MMS version is available.

Can anyone here comment on whether or not they have the service working or recently added it?

I called in to add it and they said it was done, however, it's the MMS version, which I really dislike.  Called back and the girl said they stopped offering it because they were having problems with it.  Find that hard to believe considering it was there for years and worked just fine for friends.

Appreciate any info anyone can provide.

I Plan to Stick Around

It's part of their value packs, it's called Premium Voicemail-To-Text now, make sure you tell them it's for an iPhone though so they provision it correctly.
I'm a Senior Contributor

First rep didn't know what they were doing and downgraded my VP and didn't give me the iPhone VVM.

Second rep said they no longer offer VVM for the iPhone because they had issues last December.

Third rep knew exactly how to fix everything, but the system was down and he couldn't make any changes to my account.

Finally got everything resolved with the fourth rep.

Wow, it's no wonder Rogers is such a mess, they really do have some uninformed customer service reps.

I've Been Around

Can you confirm that the addition of the Premium Voicemail-To-Text provides the VV as it was seen when it was correctly called Visual Voicemail for the iPhone for the past 7 years? This was when using the voicemail tab was pressed under the phone heading, a list of voicemails was shown and you were given the option to select which ones to listen to/delete?

The description of "Voicemail-To-Text" Rogers has chosen to use makes it sound like I will get a text message when I get a voicemail. It has left me a little confused, as well as many of the Rogers Reps I have spoken too.

This is for an iPhone 6+.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm an Advisor

That's a really old link. It only states it's available up to an iPhone 4S. I have an iPhone 4S which is on a plan called iPhone Value Pack + Vvmail for $14 a month. Vvmail is Visual Voice Mail, and it only works when cellular is turned on.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Visual Voicemail...

How do I subscribe

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Re: Visual Voicemail...

Hi @marcp , welcome to the community.

In order to have visual voicemail you would need to have an applicable Value Pack.

Visual Voice Mail displays messages, caller's number and date and time, like an email inbox, to quickly let the customer select and listen to messages.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy