cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 Plus - Can not make outgoing calls, call failed, internet still works

rakesh2
I plan to stick around
I am able to use internet but I can not make outgoing call. It states that “Call Failed” every time I try to make a phone call in Winnipeg as well as in Fort Mcmurray. Is this the Rogers network? Some time i have  important call but always in between automatically call failed.  Same issue my wife had problem in Iphone 6s Plus. Now i am tired to use rogers service and even very poor reception. Before i called to rogers and they said problem in my phone, so i buy brand new Iphone 7s plus but still getting problem even i changed sim card also. How or when will this be fixed?  Very disappointed. Thanks

***Added Labels***
14 REPLIES 14

Re: iPhone 7 Plus - Can not make outgoing calls, call failed, internet still works

RogersMaude

Good evening @rakesh2,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Thank you for your post.

Being unable to make outgoing phone calls can certainly be a major inconvenience!

Along with changing SIM card, I'm assuming you've tried rebooting the phone and resetting your Network settings. If not, it would be the first thing to do.

We can definitely help in troubleshooting the issue and hopefully find solution.

To do so, we'll need more information from you:

• Are you using Wi-Fi Calling or a 3rd party app to make these calls?
  • How long has this been happening for and does it always happen when you're physically at the same place?
  • Are you able to successfully receive phone calls and send out text messages?
  • You mentioned being able to use the internet, is it while connected to Rogers mobile network or Wi-Fi?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Re: iPhone 7 Plus - Can not make outgoing calls, call failed, internet still works

rakesh2
I plan to stick around
Using regular call not 3rd party apps call or wifi call.
Before when i called Rogers customers care and set up wifi call because of poor reception. Is happening in week 3 to 4 days and its not on same place.Even getting problems different places.
I am not receiving phone call call automatically failed.
If someone sending message i will get after two hour.
I am able to use internet while using Rogers mobile networks.

rakesh2
I plan to stick around
I already tried rebooting the phone and resetting my Network settings. Still getting same issues with me and my wife iphone.

rakesh2
I plan to stick around
Are you fixing the problem ?

RogersYasmine

Hello @rakesh2,

We appreciate you getting back to us with more information, thank you! 

What we would like to do is get access to your account services so we can have a closer look and also try refreshing the signals to yours and your wife's device from our end. 

If possible, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

We hope to hear back from you soon! 

RogersLaura

rakesh2
I plan to stick around
What ever you suggest me I already did it couple months ago through Rogers technical person.
But still getting same issues.
If you guys not fixing the problem then please let me know. So i will complain.
Where should I complain for poor reception or call failed.
If you guys not resolve our problem then might be i have to cancle my plan with rogers.
Thanks

rakesh2
I plan to stick around
Its already refreshed network couple months ago on my and my wife phone.
Getting call failed issues again.
Before i use Telus or bell network i do not have any problem.
But once i. Joined with Rogers then poor network reception problem i am facing.
Now i am tired to giving my all information again and again each time to customer service with Rogers.
I am not using free service from rogers.
What i pay i need good service from rogers . How important when i was talking with someone and call automatically failed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rakesh2 wrote:
If you guys not fixing the problem then please let me know. So i will complain.
Where should I complain for poor reception or call failed.

Please PM the moderators here using the instructions in post 6 of this thread.  PM instructions also in the link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

You can also click on either of the following links and click the "Send this user a PM" on the right side of the screen that comes up.   @RogersYasmine @RogersMaude

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
Pop a friends SIM card in your/your wife’s phone and try to make and receive calls to see if it works. That will rule out the hardware as being the culprit.

If you said you’ve already changed sims then the fault has to lie wirh how your account is configured. Something is preventing the calls from not going through. Having Rogers disable the wifi calling feature would be a first logical step. Then test the connection. If it’s still not working then Rogers needs to connect you to their network team and escalate the issue as required.

rakesh2
I plan to stick around

If i pop my friends SIM card then how he will use his phone.My problem is in a week call failed 2 or 3 days.so i can not keep my friends SIM card for a week. Its happen at outside at that time my friend is not with me.

If rogers connect me to his network team then might be they solve my problem. Thank you for your advice.

Hi @rakesh2!

If you're unable to swap SIMs with a friend as recommended, please head to the nearest Rogers store to pick up a brand new SIM card. On the surface, this appears to be a hardware or SIM card fault for the issue to follow you from location to location, so let's eliminate the SIM card as a possibility.

Regards,

RogersCorey

rakesh2
I plan to stick around

Hi,

I changed sim card before now i have to pay again for sim card ? Once i installed new sim card i never remove from iphone. how came problem in sim card.

Also what hardware problem issue ?

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

@rakesh2

Step 1:  Borrow a friends sim card for 10 minutes.  Pop it in your phone and attempt to make a call.  Ask someone to call you and see if it comes through.  If everything works, your iPhone hardware isn't the problem

Step 2: Go to Rogers and get a new sim card.  Pop that in your phone and attempt to make and receive calls.  If that doesn't work, then you know it's a problem with the way your account is setup.  If so, go on to step 3.

Step 3: Contact Rogers network team and explain the steps you've taken (tried your friend's sim, changed your own sim card).  Have them look at your account and try to get to the bottom of the issue.  Disabling wifi calling and re-registering all your lines would help.  

Follow those steps bud

rakesh2
I plan to stick around
Thank you so much.
I will do it what you giving me step.

Again thanks.
Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 in conversation