cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add an Apple Watch to my Infinite Plan?

vanessaxiao
I've been here awhile

I just got a new Apple Watch SE and was trying to set up the cellular. I have an infinite plan, the instruction says I will see a choice between “add to the infinite plan” or “ add a new plan” when I set it up. However there was only one option for me, which “add a new plan”. The difference is the new plan will only have 1GB data. Is there anyway to add the watch to the infinite plan? Thanks

*** Edited Labels ***

17 REPLIES 17

Re: How do I add an Apple Watch to my Infinite Plan?

RogersZia

Good evening @vanessaxiao,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope you like the Apple Watch so far! You will need an Apple Watch plan. The plan gives you the freedom to stay connected with just your watch. With Apple Watch plans, your existing smartphone number is extended to your watch so you can receive calls and text messages the same way you do on your phone!

You can share your Rogers Infinite data with your Apple Watch and enjoy worry-free connectivity! Right now you can get an extra 1 GB of max speed data added to your Rogers Infinite plan. Plus, the first 3 months of your Apple Watch plan are on us!

For more information, visit http://www.rogers.com/applewatch

RogersZia

Tried adding Apple Watch to my existing infinite plan and it only offers me the regular $10 plan with 1GB of data. This issue has been going on for months ago. Took it to Rogers store three times, spent hours on phone and live chat talking to Rogers and still no luck. Why can’t the back office just add the watch to my plan rather than me trying futilely to add it to no avail?

djmguy
I'm here a lot

Unpaired watch from original iPhone, now paired to new iPhone........ Still No luck

Good evening @djmguy,

Welcome to the Community! Thank you for posting your inquiry and the details of what you've tried so far.

We'd like the opportunity to help you resolve the issue preventing you from completing your activation. With access to your account, we should be able to confirm what may be causing this error.

Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our private messaging system works, click here.

Looking forward to your PM!

RogersMaude

djmguy
I'm here a lot

@vanessaxiao 

did this get sorted for you?

vanessaxiao
I've been here awhile
No.. I just took the 1G plan as the rep said they cancelled the other option a few month ago. He also said it’s really hard to exceed 1G on the watch. So I just took it

Apple Watch plan details

An Apple Watch plan gives you the freedom to stay connected with just your watch. Stream your favorite songs on your run. Get notifications and alerts on the move. Feel free to leave your phone behind and not miss any calls when you’re biking, skiing, or on any adventure.

With Apple Watch plans, your existing smartphone number is extended to your watch so you can receive calls and text messages the same way you do on your phone!

$10

per month when added to a Rogers InfiniteTM plan

Share your Rogers Infinite data with your Apple Watch and enjoy worry-free connectivity!

Bonus! Get 3 months of Apple Fitness+4 free when you buy Apple Watch. Apple Fitness+ coming late 2020.

Get an extra 1 GB of max speed data added to your Rogers Infinite plan. Plus, the first 3 months of your Apple Watch plan are on us!1

$10

per month if you have a non-Shared plan

Includes 1 GB of data for exclusive use with your watch.6 Plus, get the first 3 months of your plan on us!1

Bonus: Get 3 months of Apple Fitness+4 free when you buy Apple Watch. Apple Fitness+ coming late 2020.

as you can see from the plans I just posted, someone didn't know what they were talking about. Should be no connection charge, plus you get 3 months free and 1GB EXTRA on your current infinite plan....

Hello, I tried everything. I tried to add a 3rd line on My Rogers without success, it will not accept it.

I tried the cellular option on the iWatch, it brought me to the My Rogers site, I followed all the instructions and got the plan for 10$,got charged 50$ Activation Fee .

I had to cancel.

It gave me 1 gig but I could not link it to my infinite plan, Why Not?

I keep get the run around, they are not telling us the truth, why have an Add a 3rd line to your Infinite plan when you can not access it.

There seems to be a Glitch in their system that they will not admit to.

I paired and unpaired my iWatch 3 times.

The issue is not to be fooled buy the fact that 1gig is enough for your iWatch. I was told if I activate the iWatch myself I will not pay the 50$.False.

Why have an Infinite Plan when you can not add on.

Regards 

Gio 

paulstu
I've been here awhile

Any updates.. did anyone resolve this for you?  Having the same issue, talked to agents in chat and no resolution.... 100% there must be a glitch somewhere.

paulstu
I've been here awhile

So there is a $50 fee... for an automated system and the competition wave's the fee... Rogers product needs to do a rejig.. I mean a $10 plan add-on and you have to pay a fee that's equivalent to 5 months of that add-on?  Who in their right mind thinks that makes sense?

Exactly! And there messages confuse, on website they say if you do it online self serve, the 50 dollar is waived; the service represents says the same thing. However if you try to set it up with the Watch app, there is the 50 dollars!

TobyBian
I've been here awhile

can not believe I saw the first question posted on 2021-Jan, and after 2.5 years I got the same issue, bought a new Apple Watch and spent 1.5 hours today in Rogers Store, and the rep there spent 1 hour talk with backend guy and eventually I got a ticket number with nothing can be resolved. So what's the problem when I have infinite plan but I can only see add 1G $10/m plan option when I setup the Apple Watch cellar the first time?

TobyBian
I've been here awhile

I heard my friend told me the same problem and they switched to BELL and happy since then. I didn't believe it that time thought that sounds like a weird case, now it lays on my own and I will talk to BELL as well, already switched Rogers cable to Bell Fiber for home internet, I will wait 3 days and if no response I will consider switch my everything from Infinite shared plan to BELL, don't want to wait like the above for months.

SSDD Toby, They haven't got there act together yet! You would have thought they would by now. Moved to Telus.

TobyBian
I've been here awhile

@djmguy I am given 72 hours resolution by Rogers, so fingers crossed.

TobyBian
I've been here awhile

nothing get resolved, so BELL/TELUS on the way...

Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 in conversation