cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual SIM - Voicemail issue

dg14
I've been here awhile

hi - i have  dual sim on my Iphone 11. One physical, the other one eSIM. Voice/data all works perfectly. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is voicemail. I don't get a notification on my phone when I have a VM, in fact unless I dial in (*98) then put my PIN in I don't even know I have VM. 
Is there a setting I'm missing? Googling this - this is a known issue and specific to Carrier. 

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Dual SIM - Voicemail issue

RogersTony

Hello, @dg14

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting for concerns about getting voicemail notifications for the secondary line. Can you confirm if your device is setup as Dual Sim Single Standby or Dual Sim Dual Active?

If you are on single standby and only not receiving VM notification on the 2nd inactive line, then this may be normal since it is not connected to the network.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

dg14
I've been here awhile

hi both lines are active. 

Greetings @dg14!

My research into this matter leads me to believe it may be operating system related, not an issue that's solely carrier related.

I'd love to take a closer look into this for you and escalate it for further investigation. Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Bill___
I plan to stick around

From what I can tell, Rogers has a firewall rule or some other barrier in place that will only allow visual VM to come through if you are using Rogers data.  If you have your data on another carrier, then it won't access visual voicemail.  This was a pretty frustrating problem and it went months without the Rogers people even understanding what I was talking about, let alone making any headway to solve it.  In my mind, a carrier should not be certified to sell dual SIM iPhones unless they have everything working for the various situations.  Get visau voicemail on your line which your data is on and use voicemail to text on the other line...it is a workaround.  It has been this way for years, so not getting fixed anytime soon I suspect.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation