Apple Watch 5 now available to preorder!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple Watch 5 now available to preorder!

I reserved 44mm aluminum gold on Sept. 19 with pick up at Eaton's Center store. Received an email that it was shipped on Sept 24. The reservation fee was refunded on Sept 25.  Spoke with customer service via Facebook chat last week and they said the watch hasn't in fact been shipped yet.  They gave me this link to check reservation status:  http://rogers.com/managereservation

At this link the watch shows as shipped but the woman at CS said that it actually hasn't since there is a big back log. She said I will not get a shipping confirmation - the store will call me when they receive the watch.  But I have not received a call yet from the store.  I called yesterday and the guy literally argued with me and said they had called me several times and I had not called back so they sold the watch.  I told him how do you know if you have called me if you don't know my name or my phone number? (they hadn't asked for my information).  FINALLY he asked if i was Alyssia (or Alisha) and I said no, and he said then indeed my watch hasn't arrived yet. They had only received one watch so far and it was for the above named person. They said when Alyssia didn't call the store back they sold the watch.  They said they will definitely call me when it arrives as my phone number will be on the watch.  They will call three times and wait 3 days then sell the watch if I don't pick it up asap.  He was very rude.   (I suggest DO NOT order to Eaton's Centre location if you would like good CS.)  

All in all it is October 9 and I still do not have the watch and not sure it will ever arrive.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jyaneko

That’s a shame. This thread relates to the stainless steel watch which is even harder to come by than the aluminum. If you’re having such a long wait with the aluminum then it doesn’t bode well for those of us that reserved the stainless steel.

Hope you get yours soon but to be honest it might be better to get it direct through Apple and avoid the wait. Rogers stock seems to be basically non existent since launch whereas Apple has plenty. I guess they didn’t allocate Rogers many units unfortunately

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25 My order has been “in progress” for a day and half so maybe there’s hope after all. Have you checked yours recently?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Aspect22 

Whoa I'm down to 8...not bad.

That means they got at least 12 watches in.  Hopefully they get another batch soon.  Thanks for the heads up.  

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Aspect22

Have you received a call from your local store yet?

I just did a live chat inquiring about the estimated restock times and they told me to contact the store. Doesn’t make sense though since the warehouse would have stock information, not the store. Oh well. Ill continue to wait.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I called the Rogers Call Centre about my Apple Watch series 5 reservation (Position 5 atm). The person told me to call my local store which I did; and man oh man, they were really rude about it & just redirected me to the call centre which I had just spoken to.
Tbh, I don't think we're getting these watches anytime soon.

Now I'm geniunely thinking about leaving Rogers & going to Telus or Bell

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MinGod

Lol I could have told you it’d be a waste of your time calling the store. I didn’t even bother. I even told the customer service rep that calling the store was pointless because it’s the warehouse that would know about stock levels, if anyone. The store would have no idea about our watches until it gets shipped to them from the warehouse.

Honestly it’s an effort in futility to inquire about these watches before they reach ‘SHIPPED’ status. My bet is it’ll be 3-4 weeks before they get another batch so call it 5 weeks before we get them. So around November 20th is my estimate lol. I wouldn’t be surprised if it pushes into December. I’ll forget why I even ordered it by the time we get them.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Oh well, haha! Too late Ig. But thanks.
My status just changed to in progress tho, so I don't know if it'll take 3-4 weeks or less.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Have you any news since it's been "in progress"?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MinGod you must have ordered something other than the 44mm stainless steel. My number hasn’t moved.

My comments were about the stainless steel model only , but glad your aluminum model moved to in progress.