cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch 5 now available to preorder!

Aspect22
I plan to stick around

Looks like Rogers has decided to add the 44mm series 5 Gold Stainless Steel Apple to the lineup of new watches available to be preordered.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/apple-watch

***Added Labels***

34 REPLIES 34

Re: Apple Watch 5 now available to preorder!

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
@Jyaneko

That’s a shame. This thread relates to the stainless steel watch which is even harder to come by than the aluminum. If you’re having such a long wait with the aluminum then it doesn’t bode well for those of us that reserved the stainless steel.

Hope you get yours soon but to be honest it might be better to get it direct through Apple and avoid the wait. Rogers stock seems to be basically non existent since launch whereas Apple has plenty. I guess they didn’t allocate Rogers many units unfortunately

Aspect22
I plan to stick around

@nasa25 My order has been “in progress” for a day and half so maybe there’s hope after all. Have you checked yours recently?

nasa25

@Aspect22 

Whoa I'm down to 8...not bad.

That means they got at least 12 watches in.  Hopefully they get another batch soon.  Thanks for the heads up.  

nasa25
@Aspect22

Have you received a call from your local store yet?

I just did a live chat inquiring about the estimated restock times and they told me to contact the store. Doesn’t make sense though since the warehouse would have stock information, not the store. Oh well. Ill continue to wait.

MinGod
I've been here awhile

I called the Rogers Call Centre about my Apple Watch series 5 reservation (Position 5 atm). The person told me to call my local store which I did; and man oh man, they were really rude about it & just redirected me to the call centre which I had just spoken to.
Tbh, I don't think we're getting these watches anytime soon.

Now I'm geniunely thinking about leaving Rogers & going to Telus or Bell

nasa25
@MinGod

Lol I could have told you it’d be a waste of your time calling the store. I didn’t even bother. I even told the customer service rep that calling the store was pointless because it’s the warehouse that would know about stock levels, if anyone. The store would have no idea about our watches until it gets shipped to them from the warehouse.

Honestly it’s an effort in futility to inquire about these watches before they reach ‘SHIPPED’ status. My bet is it’ll be 3-4 weeks before they get another batch so call it 5 weeks before we get them. So around November 20th is my estimate lol. I wouldn’t be surprised if it pushes into December. I’ll forget why I even ordered it by the time we get them.

MinGod
I've been here awhile
Oh well, haha! Too late Ig. But thanks.
My status just changed to in progress tho, so I don't know if it'll take 3-4 weeks or less.

MinGod
I've been here awhile

Have you any news since it's been "in progress"?

nasa25
@MinGod you must have ordered something other than the 44mm stainless steel. My number hasn’t moved.

My comments were about the stainless steel model only , but glad your aluminum model moved to in progress.

Did you get yours? I'm in spot 1 currently

MinGod
I've been here awhile
I did on Friday!

nasa25
Has anyone that ordered the STAINLESS STEEL model received theirs yet? Should be 12 people that had theirs shipped to the store so far.

I’m still waiting like patience on a statue lol. Holding strong at #8 open

nasa25

Looks like Rogers has removed the stainless steel gold apple watch from the website.  

And you can no longer reserve it.  I guess that means they are no longer offering it?  Hope they'll still fulfill my reservation....

nasa25
My stainless steel Apple watch just shipped to the store 😍
Topic Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 7 in conversation