cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch 5 now available to preorder!

Aspect22
I plan to stick around

Looks like Rogers has decided to add the 44mm series 5 Gold Stainless Steel Apple to the lineup of new watches available to be preordered.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/apple-watch

***Added Labels***

34 REPLIES 34

Re: Apple Watch 5 now available to preorder!

RogersTony

Hello, @Aspect22

This is great news!

I prefer the 44mm and Gold never goes out of style. Thanks for posting this to the Community.

Will anyone else be getting the Gold? Be sure to post what colours you get and pictures too! 😃

RogersTony

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

I'm SUPER tempted to swap out my Series 3 LTE watch for this 44mm S5 Gold.  Looks amazing 🙂 

nasa25

Just reserved one.  #22 in line 🙂 

nasa25

It'll be interesting to see what kind of stock they have at launch for this.  I just moved down one spot to lucky #21 lol.

Someone obviously cancelled their reservation.  That gold stainless steel looks fantastic!!!

Aspect22
I plan to stick around

Awesome! I’m glad you went for it! I’m holding down spot # 1 so i’ll update when things are moving.

nasa25

Sounds good. Thanks :).

Congrats on spot #1!

nasa25

might be a long wait on this one.  

Every new iPhone and aluminum apple watch shows a pickup time of either 1-2 weeks or 2-3 weeks.  This stainless steel watch shows 3+ weeks.  Hopefully its more 3 weeks than 3+ lol

Aspect22
I plan to stick around

You're probably right... Im still sitting in "open". 

nasa25

I can’t even check my status because the reservation page just redirects a million times lol

I’m sure I’m still #21. Waiting like a month for this is gonna kill the hype big time and make me consider whether or not I even need it lol

EB8
I've been here awhile

I reserved an Apple Watch 5 on Sept. 21 since most stores hadn’t gotten any watches. Two stores I spoke to said that the only way to get one is to reserve online. I pod my $40+ tax, got my confirmation email and everything looked good.
On Tuesday Morning I was listed as second in the queue, with a status of Open. On Tuesday afternoon I stopped being able to see the status of my order when I logged onto the reservation system. I called the store, they said they can’t do anything for me and to call customer service. I called customer service and they said they don’t handle anything with the reservation system ever, but after some digging the guy on the phone said my order had been cancelled and the $40 would be returned to me within 48 hours. I asked him why or how it had been cancelled and why I couldn’t see the cancellation or why I hadn’t gotten an email about it and he said since I ordered it online I needed to go through the online chat people. This after an hour on the phone.
So I used the online chat, explained what was happening and they opened what they called an escalated ticket for me with “back office.” The guy on the phone said they’d find out exactly what happened with my order and a supervisor would call me back within 24 hours to let me know exactly what was happening.
So it’s three days later and I’ve not received a follow-up from anyone. I’ve also not received a refund of my $40 reservation fee. And I still can’t see the order anywhere on the My Rogers app or on the reservation system. I called the store again and they said they don’t have the watch and can’t see the reservation system to tell me what’s going on.

So my questions are these: is anyone else having issues with the reservation system? How do I get this fixed so I can see if my order’s been cancelled? How does it make sense that no one at either the store level or in customer service can see my reservation at all or gain access to the system? Why won’t anyone call me back and how do I get ahold of someone who can tell me what’s happening? If the order has been cancelled why haven’t I got a confirmation and how do I get a refund?

Thanks.

nasa25

@EB8

Did you go through the link on your original reservation email to access the system?

My link hasn’t been working for days but I just checked and I’m #20 in line for the gold SS AW5 (down from 22 so I be guess 2 people cancelled lol).

For your situation, if you can access the system and your reservation just doesn’t appear then likely it was cancelled. If it somehow did get cancelled, I’d push them to get you on a priority list for a watch when they come in. As for why Rogers would get zero watches at launch, I guess that’s another story and baffling to me.

Aspect22
I plan to stick around
As Nasa25 said, my link wasn’t working for a while either but when I checked today it shows my preorder as still open. I would bank on the reps you talked to not knowing what they are talking about. Try this link (if not different from the link in your original email) and let’s us know if it works for you now.

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer

EB8
I've been here awhile
That link worked!! Thank you so much, now I can quit freaking out about it.

nasa25
Just got a call from Rogers but didn’t answer. Left a voicemail saying they’re calling about the AW5 and that there would be a wait for the device. Said if I want to discuss more options to call them back. Not sure what that means lol. This wasn’t a follow up call as I never reached out to them about my reservation.

EB8
I've been here awhile
Ugh. I hope they’re not back ordered into next year. I was prepared to wait two or three weeks, but months would be disappointing.

nasa25
Still holding strong at #20. Seems like every watch and iPhone pro/pro max is backordered. Supply must have been severely constrained this year.

Aspect22
I plan to stick around
Same here, I haven’t moved at #1. It’s kind of crazy that they haven’t even gotten one yet but I’m holding out hope.

EB8
I've been here awhile
I walked into a store yesterday and they had some series 5s in stock - not the size I was looking for - but it’s weird that they have stock for walk-in customers, but I’ve been listed at #2 for 10 days now. I’m thinking of just travelling around to stores until I find one with the one I want. The reservation system seems all kinds of messed up.

nasa25
I think stock for the gold SS model will be a lot tougher to come by than for the normal aluminum sport models (which is what they had in store I’m assuming).

If there’s no stock by the end of October I’ll probably just cancel my reservation and wait for the series 6 lol

Jyaneko
I'm here a lot

I reserved 44mm aluminum gold on Sept. 19 with pick up at Eaton's Center store. Received an email that it was shipped on Sept 24. The reservation fee was refunded on Sept 25.  Spoke with customer service via Facebook chat last week and they said the watch hasn't in fact been shipped yet.  They gave me this link to check reservation status:  http://rogers.com/managereservation

At this link the watch shows as shipped but the woman at CS said that it actually hasn't since there is a big back log. She said I will not get a shipping confirmation - the store will call me when they receive the watch.  But I have not received a call yet from the store.  I called yesterday and the guy literally argued with me and said they had called me several times and I had not called back so they sold the watch.  I told him how do you know if you have called me if you don't know my name or my phone number? (they hadn't asked for my information).  FINALLY he asked if i was Alyssia (or Alisha) and I said no, and he said then indeed my watch hasn't arrived yet. They had only received one watch so far and it was for the above named person. They said when Alyssia didn't call the store back they sold the watch.  They said they will definitely call me when it arrives as my phone number will be on the watch.  They will call three times and wait 3 days then sell the watch if I don't pick it up asap.  He was very rude.   (I suggest DO NOT order to Eaton's Centre location if you would like good CS.)  

All in all it is October 9 and I still do not have the watch and not sure it will ever arrive.

Topic Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 7 in conversation